Monday, December 10, 2012

Ellary :: 8 Months

My sweet girl turned 8 months old yesterday.  The poor girl has had some bad luck in the sick department lately.  While she spent the majority of her 7th Month under the weather, her sweet smile and no fear attitude is back. 

Photobucket

{Ellary is wearing my dress from when I was little.  The framed picture is me, when I was a little older than what Ellary is.}

Sweet Ellary, at 8 months you:

*Aside from being more than 2 inches away from Mama, you have no fear.  This morning I put you in your walker in the bathroom while I took a shower.  I looked out and you had wiggled your way up, and almost out of it.  Yikes!  The walker will be going downstairs, and I have yet to figure out when I will get a shower in now.  

*You still haven't figure out how to sleep.  You did, however, take 3 naps in your crib last week.  None of them were over 20 minutes, but that is still HUGE for you!  You still get up a lot at night, but you are starting to go to bed earlier, which is so nice!!  

*You decided last week that you like solids.  You still refuse all "baby foods."  Absolutely nothing pureed.  You will only eat tiny bites of whatever we happen to be eating.  You also love chocolate cake...which you stole off my plate last week.  I tired giving you yogurt, you made it very clear (by screaming) that you are not a fan or yogurt. :)

*You crawl, fast! You pull yourself up, walk furniture, and can take 6ish steps on your own.  You actually started taking steps the day after you turned 7 months old.  People usually don't believe Mommy & Daddy though.   :)  You love to walk back and forth from Mommy to Daddy all on your own.  You also like to let go of furniture and try to walk away.  The only problem with that is, no one is there to catch you when you fall. 

*Your favorite thing to play with is the wooden puzzle pieces.  You also love to sneak to the Christmas tree.  I am seriously thinking about taking all the lights off and only putting them on the top half. :)

*You had your first ear infection, which was actually a double ear infection that wouldn't go away.  Two antibiotics later, and nasty side effects from the antibiotics, I am praying they are gone.  

*You are love, love, love to play in forts with your brother.

We love you so much, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...