Friday, June 25, 2010

Karson's First Camping Trip

We left for Wilderness State Park last Wednesday. DJ and I were both looking forward to spending a few days as a family. We spent time relaxing by the fire, taking walks around the campgrounds, and watching the sunsets from our campsite. I wanted to take Karson to see the bridge. I love the bridge! I wanted him to be able to see the place I have so many memories as a kid. He wasn't quite as excited as Mommy was to see it.

While we were in Mackinaw City, we decided we would take Molly and Karson to Mackinac Island the next day. ....yup we are crazy! I was so nervous to take the dog and baby on a boat. My luck the dog would be whining and Karson would be screaming. Surprisingly they did really well. When we got off the boat Molly spotted a horse. She started barking at it. That is until she realized it moved. She was terrified! Every time one walked past us she hid behind DJ or I. I have to say, she did impress us! She walked well and once she realized the horses were real, she stopped barking at them. We tried getting her to swim to cool her off, she put all four paws on one rock so her feet wouldn't get wet. We are still debating as to weather or not she is really a lab! Of course, Karson slept the entire time we were on the island.

Enjoy the pictures from our trip.....
The view from our campsite. We forget how beautiful Michigan is!
Karson has decided he no longer wants to be rocked to sleep. Instead he wants to walk. I loved walking him on the shores of Lake Michigan watching the sunset each night. Just doesn't get any better!
She was SO tired!
Hanging out at the campfire.
Daddy and his babies.
At The Mackinaw Bridge
Love this picture!
On the boat to Mackinaw Island. He wasn't so fond of his life jacket.
Trying to entertain Molls on the boat. Her toy was filled with spray cheese. :-)
Karson slept through our time on the Island. We just put the stroller in front of the Natural Spring.
We tried to get her to swim to cool her off. She put all of her paws on one rock to get out of the water.
SO TIRED!
Happy Baby!It started sprinkling so we put Karson's Poncho on!
On the way home.Our victory Picture...

In case you were wondering all you have to do to completely wear out a 15 month old Lab is....go camping, stay outside for five days, where there is way too much going on so of course there is no napping. Take them on a boat ride. Walk around Mackinac Island for 5 hours. She thinks a bunny is terrifying...imagine a horse. Put them back on a boat, and take them for numerous walks around the campsite each day. She slept the ENTIRE six hour ride home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...