She is 8 weeks old today. I am not sure how that happened. I am having a harder time with Ellary getting older, than I did with Karson. I think because I know how fast it goes. Pretty soon she will be sitting in the front of the cart at Target repeatedly saying things...heard from her Daddy...that I wish she wouldn't repeat.
Karson may or may not have repeated "baby toot...baby toot...baby toot" over and over in target last week.
Why is bathroom humor so funny to boys?
Little Ellary, at 8 weeks you...
Sleep pretty well at night! You usually go to bed between 9:30 & 10:30 and sleep until 4am. You are up for 2 hours, and go back to sleep until your brother gets up around 8. You are all smiles at night. I love our few hours in the quiet together!
You started smiling a few weeks ago. Occasionally, we get a huge grin with your tongue out. It is my favorite smile, but you only let us see it every once and a while.
You love to eat! To be honest, I have no idea how often, because I have never looked at a clock to see how long you go in between. Sometimes a few hours...sometimes a few minutes. I think we finally have all the nursing stuff figured out...as long as you don't come up with something new to challenge me with.
You have a hard time with dairy. After you started screaming and coiling up in the middle of the night....every night...I talked with a few friends and decided to give dairy free a try. It seemed to help, and the tummy aches seemed to go away. After a month of no dairy, I oopsed last week at Panera. Ok-I didn't oops...the person working there gave me incorrect ingredients. Regardless, you did not tolerate it well, and spent 24 hours throwing up and blowing out of every one of your diapers. Poor girl! I promise, no more Panera, and no more dairy!
You love your paci. There are times when you get cranky, and make it very clear you do not want to nurse. However, when we offer you your paci, you calm right down and go to sleep.
You have a cranky time in the evening, and whenever you are falling asleep. You hate the in between awake and asleep time. You usually scream until we figure out exactly how you want to be walked/held/rocked until you fall asleep.
You found your thumb. It is one of the cutest things I have ever seen watching you find it. The other night you were fussing, and by the time Daddy walked around the bed to your pack and play, you had found your thumb and were back to sleep. Yay! You find it often, and I love it!
I can't believe you are already 8 weeks old. But at the same time, I can't imagine life without you. You are such a sweet baby, and Mommy loves you so much!!

No comments:
Post a Comment