Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend {2012}

Memorial Day weekend was so.much.fun!  We were busy all weekend, but enjoyed some time at home too.  To be honest, I don't remember what we did Friday night...no clue.  Saturday morning I met my Mom at a green house, and got some flowers for our house.  We ran some errands together, and went to an open house.  Karson didn't go down for a nap until 4.  We left him sleeping with Bumpa, while my Mom and I ran to the mall.  I needed a dress for my brother's wedding.  A dress that I could nurse Ellary in, and preferably one that will still fit me after I loose all this baby weight.  Needless to say, I tried on a lot! of dresses until I finally found one.  We didn't leave the mall until late, and kept calling Bumpa to check on Karson.  He told us he was having a grandson party, because my nephew was there too, and to take our time.  I love how much my Munchkin loves his Nana & Bumpa!

Sunday, Nana came over to make cake pops, and we put Karson down for a nap early.  When he woke up, we headed to one of my favorite places....the beach!  DJ's parents were camping, so we stopped to eat dinner with them, then headed to play in the sand.


 I have been waiting for 7 weeks to take Ellary to the beach.  It was super windy, and I wasn't as prepared as I should have been.  The umbrella had to come down, as soon as it came up because of the wind. 



Karson had a blast.  He stills calls the beach, "the peach."  Complete with the sign for "peach."  I could correct him, but it is cute!  Even though the weather was in the 90s, the water was absolutely freezing!  I can't wait until it warms up, and Karson can play in it!



She is destined to be a beach baby!





We had to stop playing to watch the airplane fly past us.




Our beach trip was interrupted by a screaming baby.  She was hungry, but the wind was blowing my nursing cover, and then the wind would catch her breath.  Needless to say, it was a quick trip.  A must after a beach trip, is a stop for ice cream at the general store.


The General Store won brownie points for their dairy free sorbet.  Not as good as ice cream, but a good second!





Monday morning, we planned to leave the house at 8:00 to head to the Memorial Day Parade.  We didn't set an alarm clock, because we have a 7 week old-human alarm clock.  Said human alarm clock decided to sleep in, and at 7:30 DJ & I shot out of bed.  We ran around the house, I nursed Ellary while DJ made eggs for breakfast & packed up the car.  We woke Karson up, thew on some clothes, and headed out the door by 8:00.

I absolutely love our double stroller, but it is hard to keep Ella in the shade.  At the last minute, I told DJ to throw in the umbrella from his camp chair, and some zip ties.  It worked perfectly...we just looked a little hillbilly-ish.


 Karson loved the parade.  He was so excited to see "Bumpa Trucks" & fire trucks!


Ellary wasn't so impressed.  She slept through the whole thing.



After the parade, we filled up the pool and let Karson play.  He had a blast.  While he took a nap, DJ & I planted flowers & got ready for our neighborhood bbq.

The boys from the neighborhood.  Poor Ellary is the only girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...