Monday, March 25, 2013

Karson's 3rd Birthdaay

I am not sure how it happened, but my little boy turned 3 at the beginning of the month.  He was SO excited about his birthday!  We made a birthday count down and each day we counted down how many days were left.  DJ had taken the day off, so we could spend the entire day as a family celebrating Karson.  The morning started with streamers at his door.  He woke up and was yelling from his room "um...Mommy...Daddy...move dis...please."  Then he realized they were fun and spent the entire morning playing with them.


Chocolate Chip waffles for breakfast.  With the "You are Special" plate & special glasses.

(Morning stretching)


Next up...a trip to the mall.  The carousal is always a favorite!


 

Bagger Daves for lunch.
They have a train that goes around the restaurant.
I don't care how their food tastes (it is really good though!!) it is my favorite restaurant.
My kid is occupied.
I am happy!
It is my new favorite restaurant.
We have been there 3 times since his birthday.


So we thought taking Karson ice skating at the outside rink down town was a good idea.
It wasn't.
He was terrified.
terrified.


He sobbed if DJ even tried to put him down.
He begged to go home.


We got in the car and decided we had to make it up to him...so we took him to the Children's Museum.
Much better choice!





 After hours at the Children's Museum, we came home for pizza, cake, and presents.
 
Karson has been asking for a Bumpa Truck cake for months...and months.



I love this grin. The "I'm 3 and am being told I have to smile before I can open these presents" smile.








Playing with his new Bruder Truck! 


A few pictures from his party a few days later...

Bumpa Truck Cake #2


Explaining pin the wheel on the semi truck.

 

He found the game to be absolutely hilarious!


Opening gifts...




Happy Brithday Munchkin!




7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make your 18 wheeler cake? I love it. Wanting to make one for my sons 3rd b-day!! What size pans did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you. :) I used loaf pans. I found some old pictures on my Instagram feed of how we assembled it. The wheels are just Oreos and the smoke stacks are candies we found at world market.

      Delete
    2. I didn't get an email. Send it to marcibolduc@yahoo.com. Thank u so much!!

      Delete
    3. Sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelly,

    May I also get the instruction for the 18-wheeler cake, please? Also, how did you get the color that you wanted for the buttercream? I am also interested in the birthday t-shirt. Did you make the number 3 on it? My email is wgss280@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...