Monday, May 6, 2013

An Update

Truth?  Transitioning from one child to two about did me in.  Add in a baby who never sleeps and a big brother who has struggled with his new title, and you have a Mama who has had to let go of some things.  Obviously, my blog has been one of them...cleaning my house and keeping up on the laundry also have made that list.  Yesterday, for the first time in almost 13 months, Ellary took a three hour nap.  A 3 hour nap that she wasn't being held for.  Granted-she was in the stroller...still an accomplishment none the less.  In addition to the fact that she was sleeping in the stroller, Karson was sleeping in his bed.  The first time ever in 13 months that Ellary has slept that long, not in my arms.  The first time ever they have slept that long at the same time.  We parked Ellary in the shade on the front step, turned on Pandora...and cleaned our garage.

I have grown accustomed to the sleep deprivation.  That, and Ellary is sleeping longer than an hour at a time now.  Sometimes she even sleeps for 3 straight hours at night.  I have been told countless times to stick her in her crib and let her cry.  I have even been told this is some...not so nice...ways.   We haven't, and we won't.  Right now she needs her Mama at night, and in the morning, I need my Keurig.

 photo DSC_0112copy_zps3c82fddb.jpg

After struggling with his role as a Big Brother, Karson has been blowing me away lately.  I hear him say things like "do this Baby Ella", "good job Baby Ella", "come with me Baby Ella."  A huge improvement from his "Baby Ella go away" request after we brought her home last year.  He loves his Sister, and it thrills me to see their sibling relationship grow!

 photo DSC_0109copy_zps6cee9c0a.jpg


Sister is fearless, and needs her Big Brother to look out for her.  And of course, teacher her things like how to climb on the couch by herself.  Thanks for that one sweet boy. :)

 photo DSC_0087copy-1_zpse8955a4a.jpg photo DSC_0089copy_zpsed613cdf.jpg


 photo DSC_0094copy_zps4408eb92.jpg



**********

We have finally had some spring weather here.  Even a few days of summer weather.  An 85 degree day last week prompted a "coffee on the beach?" text.  We like the beach.



 photo DSC_0038copy_zps54ef92cf.jpg

One of my favorite things to do is watch my kids play on the beach.  The same beach I played on when I was their age.  

  photo DSC_0051copy_zpsff66051e.jpg

Aunt TT is one of very few people this girl will go to.  She is starting to come out of her little shell.  Also-if you want to win her over, baby gold fish crackers win every time!


 photo DSC_0060copy_zps500ab670.jpg photo DSC_0065copy-1_zps5c5b8988.jpg

That water...cold...so cold.

 photo DSC_0068copy_zpse7c94e68.jpg photo DSC_0069copy-1_zpse4addec7.jpg


While the crazies dipped their feet, I took pictures.  From afar.  Where my warm feet stayed dry.  

************
Hopefully it won't be another month before I update this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...