I remember, when I was little, my parents putting us in the motor home first thing in the morning, and heading straight to the beach. We would stay there all day, get motor home "showers," jammies on, and would fall asleep in the motor home on the way home at night. I have many memories of days like this, and although I have said for the last few years that I wanted to do this with our kids, we just never did. I said this year would be different. We would be picking the nicest day each weekend. Luckily, DJ is on his summer schedule- every other weekend he gets a 4 day weekend. Yay!
There are only 2 spots we can pull our travel trailer into in the day area. They are first come, first serve. Meaning, we have to get there right when they open. It is a half hour drive. We put the kids in the car, straight from their beds, at 6:30am.
Kids in jammies at the beach.....there are few things better.
The kids played in the sand dune with DJ while I made breakfast in the trailer. Sausage, eggs, and banana pancakes on the beach...yes please. All things are better on the beach.
I wanted to bring breakfast over to a picnic table by the water, but
Karson was so excited about being in the trailer that we ate breakfast
in the trailer.
Funny aside: I brought my Keurig with me. It was only 7am when we got to the beach. I had every intention of making myself a cup (or 3) of coffee to take down to the beach. I knew we had to run off battery, since our trailer wasn't plugged in. I did not, however, know that because of this the plugs wouldn't work. Basically, I didn't realize until I got there that I couldn't make coffee. Not cool. Also, the little cafe beach store opened at 10:00-3 hours later. Also, we didn't bring cash and there was a $5 minimum...yea I got 2 really expensive cups of coffee....at 10:00.
We were the first ones on the beach. Which meant we got the spot right on the water, straight down from the board walk!
New toy. The kids kinda lucked out with the $5 minimum rule. Mommy got a cup of coffee. Kids got a new toy.
The kids played and played and played all morning. We went back to the trailer at lunch time, and brought our lunch to the channel to eat.
After lunch, is exactly why we bring the trailer with us:
While she napped, brother did this:
Another cup of coffee for Mommy. Another new toy for the kids.
He was so excited to take a nap in the trailer, that he couldn't fall asleep. Funny. Luckily, he stayed in a pretty good mood all day.
Sister woke up, to join the fun....
Then back to the beach we went.
We played for a few hours, and then it started pouring.
Sideways.
We got drenched, and while everyone was scurrying to their cars to leave, we were playing in the trailer. I was determined to "save" the rest of the day. Even if it meant playing in the trailer. We decided to take the kids out for dinner, instead of grilling on the beach, to see if the rain would pass over. It did, and after dinner, it was beautiful out again.
Back to the beach we went...
Daddy taught the kids the art of running from the waves....which were freezing.
Nana even joined us for a few hours.
Ella tries so hard to keep up with Karson, but she have not so great balance. Also, she got knocked over by a wave, and was extremely leery of the water. Bad combination. Sister spent a lot of time on the ground from trying to run too fast.
I am wrong.
There is something better than babies in jammies at the beach...
Babies in matching stripe jammies at the beach...
...loving on their little sisiter.
Before we left, we caught the sunset.
The kids fell asleep on the way home, and we put their little sleepy-sandy-sun kissed-bodies in bed.
It is my favorite way to spend our day.
And I love that my kids are making the same memories I did when I was little.
No comments:
Post a Comment