Sunday, October 10, 2010

Teething

Auntie Leesha.
You will love this post.
Since Karson was only a few months old, I have been told that he is teething.
By everyone.
EVERYONE tells me he is teething.
When he chews on his fingers.
"He is just teething."
When he stopped sleeping through the night.
"Give him some Tylenol. He is just teething."
When I was SURE he had a ear infection.
(Still not convinced he didn't.)
The doctor told me:
"His teeth must be coming in and moving everything around."
The signs of teething:
1. Mild discomfort.
2. Irritability
3. Sleeplessness
4. Restless at night
5. Drooling
6. Chewing on everything
7. Crying
Um........ALL seven sound like a fussy....normal....baby to me!
In other words....
Just because my kid has not been sleeping well.....
....is crabby....
...chews on his fingers....
(which he has done since he figured out how to get them there)
...drools...
....or is all around having a bad day...
DOES NOT MEAN HE IS TEETHING!!!!!
Just because you may THINK he is getting teeth, does not give you permission to stick your germy...not clean...fingers in my son's mouth.
I will save you the time...
When you rub his gums, you will not feel teeth.
He will stop crying.
He will stop moving.
He will love you for it.
He always has.
Since he was a month old.
However, that does not mean you may stick your germy fingers in his mouth.
Because although Karson would love for you to rub his gums,
his Mommy will ABSOLUTELY CRINGE!
{GROSS}
{GERMS}
Yes, my son is 7 Months old.
No he does not have teeth.
One of his Uncles did not get his first tooth until after his 1st birthday.
So no, I am not worried about his teeth.
His gums are not red.
He does not have a runny nose.
He does not and has not had a fever.
He shows no signs of teething.
Yes, I know he has stopped sleeping well at night.
Yes, I know he chews on everything.
Yes, I know he loves to have his gums rubbed.
The sleeping thing...figured it out.
He is sleeping now..
Seriously...what baby doesn't chew on everything?!
Already covered the gums.
I promise.
When he starts teething.
I will let you know.
You may look from afar.
You may not, however, stick your germy fingers in my kid's mouth.
{GROSS}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...