Friday, October 15, 2010

A Molly Story

I have said it before.
It is no surprise.
I really do.
She is so sweet.
She drives me bonkers when she barks.
It is frustrating.
Her separation anxiety is a bit out of control.
But really, can you blame her?
She has been through a lot.
There are very few places that are off limits to her.
She is not allowed in the basement.
There are mouse traps down there.
There poison down there to kill mice.
Not that mice live down there.
{I just keep telling myself that.}
She is also not allowed on our bed, when it is made.
She sleeps on it every night with us.
I even wait to make it until she drags her lazy self out of bed at about 10 every morning.
We are trying to sell our house, so I made it early this morning in case we had a showing today.
I made the mistake of forgetting to shut the door.
She may be smart, but she doesn't know the difference between a made and unmade bed.
Normally I would kick her off, and she would mosey over to the couch.
But I'm feeling a little guilty this morning.
We went for a walk with Auntie Leesha and Jayda last night.
Molly got too close to the stroller and her bad leg got stuck in the wheels.
Then the wheel turned, and locked her poor little leg in place.
Oh my word.
The sound of a yelping dog is the WORST!
It took forever to figure out how to free her from the stroller wheel.
Really only about 30 seconds.
An eternity when your poor dog is yelping in pain.
We thought for sure she broke her leg.
Or tore her artificial ligament.
After we figured out how to turn the wheel just right, and move her leg just right without hurting her more; she was free.
She is fine.
Jayda consoled her.
She is now terrified of the stroller.
Am I the only one whose dog can get hurt in ANY situation?!?!
So today, she may sleep on my neatly made bed.
At least she matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...