Ellary Jeanne Margaret
I have the 1 husband in the world, that is just as opinionated as I am when it comes to baby names.
If Ella was a boy, she would have been named baby boy smedley.
We could not agree on a boy name.
As for a girl name, we agreed right away.
Ellary
I had heard the name a few times, and loved it. But, I have always seen is spelled Ellery. I loved the name Ella & I loved the name Ellery. I however, have never seen Ellery shortened to Ella. I suggested it to DJ, and he liked it too, and agreed that Ella was a perfect nickname. After I thought about it, I decided it made more sense to spell her name with an a than an e. DJ agreed, and we had our little girl's first name.
as an aside: Months after we picked out her name, DJ was looking through the online directory at a nearby cemetery (I have no idea why) and discovered there was an Ella Smedley. We tried to figure out how she was related, and couldn't figure it out. We asked his Grandma over the weekend, and she said her Mother's name was Ella as well. However, she isn't the Ella Smedley at the cemetary. Unbeknownst to us, Ellary's Great Grandma, as well as another woman back in the Smedley history is named Ella.
Jeanne
My middle name is Jeanne {pronounced Jean...my Grandma just spelled it differently). I am named after my Mom, whose middle name is also Jeanne. Again, an easy decision that Ellary would share our middle names. My is an amazing Mother. She & I are incredibly close, I pray Ella and I are just as close as she grows up.
Margaret
Karson has 2 middle names, both family names. We wanted to do the same again. Not long after we found out we were expecting, my Mom got a call from my Aunt in Milwaukee that she thought my Grandma was having a heart attack. My Mom and I raced through the house, packed up Karson, and headed for Milwaukee. She didn't have a heart attack, but she does have blockages that the doctors can only treat the symptoms for. She is doing well, but the blockages are not fixable. On the way home, I texted DJ, and told him it was important to me that if we had a little girl, she share my Grandma's name.
...and that is how little Ella got her name...
She looks like such a sweetie! Hope you are all doing well, and congrats :)
ReplyDeleteI love love love her name! All of my girls have two middle names too! She looks so much like K, such little doll faces!
ReplyDelete