Thursday, April 5, 2012

Keeping Busy

There are four more days until Sister's due date.  I have been trying to keep busy, to help pass the time.  Luckily, the weather has been nice here the last few days.  Karson and I have been spending a lot of time outside.  

Over the weekend, DJ and I picked up some seeds for our garden this summer.  When we were leaving, I saw biodegradable starter pots, and picked them up for an activity for Karson.  We don't ever start our veggies early, but figured it would be a fun activity for Karson.  

A few days ago, we headed outside with a shovel and bucket, to collect some dirt.
Munchkin loved this part, and has been talking about dirt ever since.


see the hosta next to his bucket?  it is gone now.  while I was taking to a neighbor, Karson ripped it up.  then Karson and I had a little talk about ripping up Mama's flowers and plants.

 Of course, we had to put our planting on hold to find bugs.


We filled the containers half full of dirt, and Karson put in the seeds in on his own.  We only planted peppers, onions, and green beans.  He loved putting the seeds in.  A couple little cells have quite a few seeds in them.  He was having fun. :)


They are sitting on our back deck.  Karson loves talking about his dirt.  Hopefully they grow.  DJ asked me yesterday if I had watered them yet...oops.  Maybe I should say, hopefully I don't kill them. :)

*********************

Yesterday, I changed the empty roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, and remembered an activity I used to do, painting with empty toilet paper rolls, with my 2 year olds when I taught day care.  Karson is starting to learn his shapes, and LOVES to paint.  He was so excited when I told him we were going to get the paints out.  A few weeks ago, my Mom brought home a huge roll of paper.  I love it!  It makes painting and coloring so much more fun (and easier).


I put some red and green paint, 2 colors he can identify, on the paper and showed him how to make the circles with the toilet paper roll.  He was concentrating so hard, and kept telling me that green means go, and red means stop.


Then a light bulb went off in his little head, and he remembered painting with his trucks a few months ago.   He asked me if he could 'pees' get a truck to paint with.  After I told him he could, he went running into the living room to pick out a truck to use.

 
He painted for a solid hour.  Every few minutes he would ask me if he could go pick out another truck. 


Before we were done, he had collected over 10 trucks to paint with.  And of course, they had to be lined up like a choo-choo.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about you today, wondering if Sister had made her appearance. Praying for you. I love the idea of painting with different objects, I think the girls and I are going to have to try it out! Thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...