This little girl is the most inconsistent sleeper.
Ever.
She has been sleeping well at night.
She usually only gets up once to nurse, and goes right back to sleep.
She has slept through the night 4 times.
She seems to have nights figured out.
But naps.
Three month olds should nap, right?
Right.
Ellary didn't nap.
At all.
No sleeping during the day.
At all.
She.would.not.nap.
This made for a very cranky baby come 7:00.
An over tired Ellary can't fall asleep.
She screams and screams, and fights nursing, and screams some more.
Again, three month olds should nap.
Then 1 day, she napped.
Twice.
Two, 2 hour naps.
Unheard of.
So I went over what I did differently that day.
I only had 1 cup of coffee.
The next day, I enjoyed my 2nd cup of coffee.
Again, no napping.
All day long.
Darn.
There goes my 2nd cup of coffee.
Apparently I was caffeinating the poor thing.
Now, let me tell you.
I love coffee.
Not just the caffeine in the morning.
I love the taste of coffee.
Strong, black coffee-Heaven!
When I am cold, I crave a strong, hot, cup of coffee.
I used to have a half of a pot in the mornings, before I was pregnant.
I also always had a 2:00 pm half a pot cup of coffee.
Decaf coffee doesn't do it.
It just tastes bad.
Yes, I can tell the difference.
So, the list of foods I have given up grows.
No dairy.
Very little soy.
{Read: No more Starbucks 'Ellary Proof Decaf-Iced-Soy-Mocha.' Too much soy...sick Ella.}
No onions.
{She can handle a very little amount, which I reserve for salsa}
No broccoli.
No second cup of coffee in the mornings.
It is ok though.
She is worth it.
Anyone know of a really good decaf coffee?

Just think, you will get the 2nd cup back eventually, sleeping babies = priceless! The pic of you and Ella is precious, one of my fav pics you've taken of her so far :)
ReplyDeleteOy! I've added soy to my list of no's. It really really bothers Isaac. Ugh, getting closer to having happy babies is worth it though! (Gorgeous picture of you two!)
ReplyDelete