Thursday, July 12, 2012

Silver Lake :: 2012 ::

This was our 5th year for our annual Silver Lake Camping Trip.  
Every year it has rained.
Or was cold.
Freezing cold.
Or I was 6 weeks pregnant with Ellary, and had the stomach flu.
{we skipped that year}
It was beginning to be comical.
Not the sick part...that really stunk!
We started in 2008, but I didn't blog in 2008.



 It is such a fun trip, and for the 1st time ever, we had beautiful weather!!
It rained for all of 5 seconds.

 No sitting around the campfire in the pouring rain; with 10 layers on & umbrellas.
No flooding.
No missing out because of the stomach flu.


Beautiful weather.
Happy kiddos.
Great friends.
A fabulous weekend!


Playing on the beach....


When he sais "1..2..3..jump!" he will jump!
Over, and over, and over again!

 

Oh how my little boy loves the beach!




While Karson jumped of sand castles, Ella slept in the shade.
She loves the beach too!





We spent the afternoons on the beach.  My favorite activity!  
While everyone else laid in the sun, Ellary and I froze in the shade!


I absolutely love snuggling my sleeping baby.
Snuggling my sleeping baby on the beach...Heaven!

In the afternoons & evenings, we played at the campsite.


DJ begged, and begged to take Karson on a go-cart.
I agreed.
He was so excited.
So was Karson.
Until the go-cart started moving.
He freaked...and I couldn't do anything about it.


Bad Mommy moment...don't put your 2 year old on a go-cart.
Just trust me on that one.


Hanging out at the camp site....
Ellary snuggling with Aunt Katie & Karson enjoying a Coffee Cake.


Karson playing with Daddy & the big guys!





The second night, we drove up test (really really big hill in the dunes) to watch the sunset.
I held Ella's head so it didn't bounce around too much.
When we got  to the top, some guy was laughing at me, and told DJ he should have held my hand so I didn't look so scared.
I quickly informed him I had 2 babies in the truck.  
When he saw Ellary he apologized. :)









We all sat in the back of our trucks, to watch the sunset.  Karson loved watching all the dune buggies go up the hill.  His truck noises have gotten quite a bit louder since this trip.   At one point there weren't any trucks going up the hill.  "Mama, where trucks go?  More trucks!!!"


Parked at the beach, watching the dune trucks go by.
Karson was in Heaven.
So was his Daddy. :)


Cool Dude




This year was so much fun!
I love traditions, and camping, and great friends!!
I can not wait for next year!


ps...this is a record!  Ellary is sleeping again today!!  Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...