I love fall.
I love bundling up my babies for the first time.
I love the hats, and the gloves, and the warm cozy clothes.
I love having a fire in our fire place and the pretty fall colors.
The colors were absolutely Beautiful this year.
**********
My kids love to be outside. In fact, a certain little boy asks to go outside first thing in the morning. He has yet to realize that Mama isn't up for outside playtime before coffee.
Fall is the best outside play weather.
Plus...it is just so pretty out!
I though I could sneak a fall picture of Miss Ellary in my Mom's flower garden.
She had other priorities than smiling at Mama...
...like trying to eat leaves.
**********
All those leaves eventually fell off the trees. And they fell fast. DJ would pick up the leaves in the front, move to the back, and by the time he was done, the yard was covered again. We had a beautiful 70 degree day, with freshly fallen (dry) leaves a few weeks ago. Perfect for playing in. So much so that we skipped nap to get as much time outside as we could.
My outside loving babies were in Heaven...and Ellary tried to eat as many leaves as she could.
I am sorry Sweet Girl...but as a Sister to 3 brother...you are doomed to a lifetime of getting leaves thrown over your head. Just wait until he throws you off the front porch into the snow...
I love when I catch a glimpse of them paying attention to each other. It has taken Karson a while to decide he likes being a Big Brother...
**********
I am all for traditions, and doing Holidays BIG. Halloween is not my favorite, but I am beginning to love it with kiddos. And, thankfully, they have a Daddy who loves carving pumpkins. Because, well, their Mama doesn't. I love watching...but you will never find me with my hand in a pumpkin...not gonna happen.
Karson was content to watch with Mama. He didn't like the "ickies." We couldn't keep Ellary out of the pumpkins.
DJ convinced him to try and touch the "ickies." We immediatly washed his hands.
*********
Halloween was cold. And rainey. And cold. DJ kept reminding me to be thankful. We still have a house. We still had power. The only impact we had from Sandy was a little rain on Halloween.
Ellary went as a ballerina to Story Time.
For Trick or Treating...she want as a baby in a snowsuit.
Karson went as a Choo-Choo Driver. Complete with his very own Train.
DJ converted a water heater box and his wagon into the best Halloween Train for my Choo Choo Driver.
He even had a working light...
Trick or Treating at Nana's.
**********
And with that my babies who are so messed up with this time change are up...





















No comments:
Post a Comment