Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1 Pink & 1 Blue

Last night, we traded a New Years Eve get together for sledding, pizza, and an early bed time for everyone.  The whole house was asleep before 10.  Ellary actually woke up to nurse at 12:30 and I half laughed, thinking I would still be awake had we stayed up.   I kissed my babies good night & said goodbye to 2012.  A year that brought us our sweet girl.  Our sweet girl that, aside from waking up 6 times last night, let her overly exhausted Mama stay in bed until 10:00 this morning.  Now THAT is something to celebrate. It was one of my favorite New Years Eve's ever.  

Mother Nature finally sent Michigan some snow on Friday.  And being the snow loving family that we are, we loaded the kids up for the sledding hill as soon as DJ got home from work. 
 
Photobucket

We have been back every day since. 

Photobucket

These kids of ours, they were born into the right family.  They love the snow.  
 
Photobucket

He yells "YEE-HA" all the way down the hill.  If he doesn't, it is because he is belly giggling too hard to talk.

Photobucket

The first time we went, I wasn't ready to let him go down the (extremely small) hill by himself.  Ha! He does just fine, and he LOVES it!

Photobucket

He will be three in 2 short months, and while I sometimes catch glimpses of my little little boy, sometimes he reminds me that he will soon be three.  Like when he drags his own sled up a hill by himself.

Photobucket

Snow loving doesn't stop with his Mama...it continues on.  To Nanny and Bumpa, who also joined us sledding a few times this weekend.

Photobucket

Every single morning, the first thing he asks for is to go sledding on the 'big hill.'

Photobucket

I can't wait to take him skiing on the really big hill.

Photobucket

And then there is this sweet girl....

PhotobucketPhotobucket
 
...who has absolutely NO FEAR.
 
We started taking her down on the big sled with us.  If we didn't start moving fast enough, she started yelling at us, and moving back and forth until we started moving down the hill.
 
Photobucket

She looks ticked-she isn't.  She was likely just annoyed that we were letting her big brother go down alone, and she wanted to join in the fun.

Photobucket

Every time she got to the bottom of the hill...huge grin!

Photobucket

Every time.

Photobucket

And then on a whim, and because it was easier to leave her in her little sled that we carried her up the hill in, DJ got in position to go down...with her still in her sled.  Mama freaked.  Daddy insisted she was fine and he would hold on to her.

Photobucket
 
Daddy was right. You could see her grin in her eyes.  She was having so.much.fun.

Photobucket
 
So much so, that now we just push her down on her own, and one of us catches her.  Yes, my 8 month old sleds down a hill solo.  Mommy of the year.   One time, she was going slow, then caught some packed down snow and took off.  I freaked, and my mom burst out laughing.  The look on that girl's face when she took off...priceless!  Her grin was so big.  Trouble, this one is.  A dare devil...in pink...with a grin so big you can see it in her eyes.
 
Photobucket
 
My favorite part of our 5 sledding adventures this weekend?

Photobucket

The times I catch the pink & blue, together, and it hits me. 

Photobucket

I am the Mama to 2 littles.  One covered from head to toe in blue, one in pink.  Both smiling from ear to ear.

Photobucket
 
I am blessed beyond belief.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...