While we never had plans of sending Karson to preschool, I decided I needed a "practice" year. Basically, I wanted to makes sure I knew what I was doing before we hit Kindergarten. I wanted to make sure that homeschooling was going to work for us. Karson is eager to learn, he loves doing activities at the table. He is constantly asking how things work. Constantly. All.day.long. Thankfully Daddy is an engineer. "Honey, please come over here and explain to Karson how {insert any random object} is made." is yelled often in our house. Did you know how they make a Pyrex lid? I do now. :)
I did purchase a 3's preschool curriculum. Karson loves it! He asks to do "preschool at home", all day long. The first day, he did every worksheet for that week. We are also using Zoo Phonics. I have been doing Zoo Phonics with Karson for a few years, but never consistently. A few weeks ago, I started going through the Zoo Phonics with the kids every morning at breakfast. I was amazed at how quickly they were both picking it up.
This week, I printed off the capital "A" and little "a" from Zoo Phonics and taped them to the wall. Ellary walks over to Ally Alligater all day and says the sound and motions. Yesterday at dinner, Karson looked at Nana's shirt and pointed out an "A" "Look Nanny! You have a big 'A' on your shirt. That is where Ally Alligater lives!!"
While I knew Ellary would pick up on some of the things Karson was doing, I didn't realize how much. Last night, we were reading books before bed, and Karson was picking out every "a" he could find. When DJ gets home from work, Karson runs to him and tells him everything he learned.
Yay!!! I love this post! Yes, there are so many fun moments like these that you get to see. :) The little ones pick up so much and its just so fun to have them all learning together. This year Lucy is 3rd grade and Julia is 1st so they are doing history and science together and they are sooo excited about that. :)
ReplyDelete