Monday, September 9, 2013

Hudsonville Fair

We live in the same town both DJ and I grew up in.  It is a {not so small} small town.  It is a {sort of used to be} farm town.  Every summer we have our town fair.  It is one of the high lights of summer.  The fair runs for 1 weeks, we went every day, except one.  The kids' loved it!

One of the first days, the is a deal for $1 rides.  It was packed, but the kids had so much fun. 


Poor Ellary was too short to ride anything, but we sneaked her on the slide and train.


Waiting for the train....


Silly Daddy thought she would be ok riding on the same seat as him, while Big Brother got to ride in the seat in front of them. :)


Two minutes later, and Sister was up next to Karson.


Also, it is impossible to get a picture of them both smiling and looking at the camera.
 

Or a picture of them both looking away from the camera...


I could not tell you how many times we walked through the animal barns.
They loved the bunnies and the chickens.
Ellary LOVED the horses.
Sister likes horses, a lot!
Also, farm animals stick.
 
Outside the animal bars is full of tractors and farm equipment...Little Boy Heaven!





Karson loved, loved, loved the rides this year. 

Last year we put Kars on this ride, because he wanted to ride it.  Two seconds later and he was sobbing, and we couldn't get him off.  He asked a million times to ride it, and we said no a million times.  They he told me "Mama, Me big and strong now.  Me not going to scream and cry."  So I let him on it.


I lost track of how many times he rode it.



He loved it!
The next day a guy waked up to me and asked if he could give Karson tickets to ride a ride.  So sweet.  Karson was so excited to ride the Monster Trucks again!
 



While I have no doubt that Ellary would have loved it, Sister is much too short.  Maybe next year...


The fair is such a fun summer memory!   I have so many memories of the fair as a kid, I love that my kids are making the same memories.

Also, if you are at a fair and you see a sign for deep fried oreos buy them.  A.ma.zing.  We bought them purely out of curiosity.  But only eat one, or just a bite of one, because you will feel like death if you eat more than that. YUM! It may be my new favorite fair food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...