I am a planner!
I have lists for everything. Sometimes, my lists have lists.
DJ and I got married young. We figured, when you know, you know.
Plus, I had everything all planned out.
Our plan...
I would finish my degree to become a Special Ed. Elementary School Teacher.
When I graduated, I would find a job teaching kindergarten.
By this time, DJ would also have his degree.
We would be able to get a bigger house.
I would work until we saved enough money.
Then we would start a family, and I would become a Stay-At-Home-Mom.
Sounds perfect right?
A year ago this week we found out that God's plan, was not our plan.
We found out I would not be finishing my degree to become a Special Ed. Teacher.
I would not be teaching kindergarten.
We would not be saving the money, I planned on saving.
We would not be getting a new house.
DJ does not have his degree yet.
Only one part of our plan, was also God's plan.
I would be becoming a Stay-At-Home-Mom to the sweetest baby boy.
When we found out we were expecting, I started making more lists.
I started making more plans.
When I realized, once again, God's plan was different than my own.
I decided, I would just listen.
On March 1st, we welcomed Karson Allen Craig into our family.I still do not have my degree.
Neither does DJ.
I did not get to teach kindergarten.
We do not have a new house.
But, I have the sweetest baby boy!
My days are now filled with everything that comes with a baby boy.
Plus lots and lots of playing and snuggling.
I can not imagine filling my days with anything else!
"The Lord Almighty has sworn this oath: 'It will all happen as I have planned. It will come about according to my purpose. I have a plan for the whole earth, for my mighty power reaches throughout the world. The Lord Almighty has spoken-who can change his plans? When his hand moves, who can stop him?'"
Isaiah 14: 24, 26-27
No comments:
Post a Comment