We were told it was going to be the blizzard of all blizzards.
When we went to bed, it was blowing, but not snowing.
We were up at 11 with Karson, and still no blizzard.
Again at 1 am, DJ looked outside and still no blizzard.
munchkin, you really need to let mommy & daddy sleep a little more.
I woke up at 3 am this morning, when my husband had to tell me his his evening class was canceled.
And while it is fabulous news, it was 3 am, and I didn't care.
Apparently, the blizzard had come after all.
And 2 minutes later Karson woke up...
DJ tried going to work, but couldn't get down out street.
I am pretty sure we were the only people up at 4am watching the news, excited about all this snow!
We all ended up sleeping until after 9, and woke up to this:

Lots and Lots of snow!!
The perfect way to start off a snow day?
Blueberry pancakes!
Karson loved them!
And what does any responsible, snow loving Mama do after a blizzard?
Bundle up the baby, and stick him in a snow bank!
He thought he was cool stuff!!!
Ignore the fact that his gloves are on the wrong hands.
It takes forever to get him to hold still long enough to put them on.
It just wasn't worth starting over once I realized what I did.
We broke the rules and let Molly out to play in the snow.
Because of her leg, she isn't supposed to run in it.
Especially if it is taller than her...
She literally had to 'swim' through it.
He is standing in a snow drift....it is almost as tall as he is!
We spent the majority of the morning outside.
Our neighbors came over with their kids.
The plow guy plowed out our dive way.
We opened up the back of the envoy for Molly...
We spent the afternoon playing with Karson, and cleaning the house.
After dinner, we headed right back out into the snow with our neighbors!
It was the perfect snow day!!






Wow, that sounds like a wonderful snow day! I can't believe how much snow you guys got!?!
ReplyDeleteWe got about 10 inches with I don't even want to think about how much ice under it. It was way too cold to play outside though :( When I took our oldest to school this morning it was -5, brrr! I loved looking at your pictures!