Have you ever read Kelle Hampton's blog? You should. Especially if you are a Mommy. She writes about her life with her 2 little girls. I love her party ideas, I love that she lives near the beach, I love the outings she takes her girls on, but what I love most about her blog is that she says over and over I am writing their book. The pages in Karson's book...they are up to me. What he remembers about holidays and first snows, is determined by what I make of them. I am writing his book.
I know he won't remember these pages. I know he is too young, but that doesn't matter to me. I want to remember them. They are pages in his book-pages I can tell him about when he is older.
I want him to remember opening the back curtains and discovering the deck and yard covered in snow.
I want him to remember running around all morning yelling 'snow, snow, snow.' I want him to remember making me look out the window at the snow, all morning.
I want him to remember bundling up, before 9am, to go out in the snow. Because Mommy was just as excited to play in it as he was.
we had to put playing in the snow on hold while we watched an airplane
We had very little snow, it was cold, and it was early. But his book...it says we rushed outside right away. It says we walked through the snow, and looked at the prints we were making. It says we brushed off the snow on Daddy's wood pile...
he was asking for 'hewl' he didn't like the snow on his gloves...he is is Mama's child!
His pages from the first real snow this year...they say we were so excited, we were out with the sun. They say we threw snow up in the air and watched it fall. They say we walked around the house a dozen times pointing out all the 'snow snow snow!' They say we took something ordinary, and made a memory.
The Holiday Page this weekend, we went big. I had no idea we had a Santa Train near us. We booked tickets as soon as we heard about it.
We knew how excited he would be, we kept telling him we were going to ride a train with Santa. We played it up big. We were just as excited as Karson was.
His face was doing 1 of 2 things when we first got on the train...
A memorized oh wow oh wow oh wow...
...or an ear to ear grin.
We were on a train...with Santa.
oh wow oh wow oh wow
He did what I figured he would do when it was his turn to sit on Santa's lap...
He sat on Mommy's lap instead. Much better.
oh wow oh wow oh wow
He told Santa his glove was "icky." I have no idea how he came up with that. And of all things to tell Santa...he told him his glove was icky.
And after insulting Santa's glove...Santa gave him a special truck.
Holidays and special occasions are what we make of them. We write their books...
























No comments:
Post a Comment