Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Molly and Karson double teamed us last night.  
1:00am: Molly jumped on the bed and tried sleeping on my legs. I nicely kicked her off...ok it was 1am so it wasn't so nicely.
2:30am: She was sleeping on our bed, she waits until we are asleep to try to jump up, and had an itch behind her collar.  Have you ever heard a jingling collar in the middle of the night.  I pulled her collar off, shoved her off the bed, and told her to go get on the couch.
3:00am: I thought I heard Karson playing on the monitor.
3:30am: Molly was whining at us next to the bed.
3:30am: I hear 'Mommy, Mommy, Mommy' and more playing.
4:00am: Moll is still whining at us, and DJ gets up to deal with her.
By this time I am more than annoyed...and wide awake...
Karson is running around his room playing, and Molly is satisfied that she woke us up, and is back asleep on our bed.
Karson played in his room until he fell back asleep around 5...while DJ and I were up for the day.
Thank you Molly and Karson for giving us a glimpse of what sleeping with 2 babies will be like.

I am tired, and have had far too much coffee for the day...but...it is only a few days before Christmas, and I am determined to fit it all in. 
Today, my fireplace looks like this...

Thank you very much...I started that fire myself.

Since I am exhausted, I declared today Christmas movies by the fire  Day. 
And that is exactly what we did, all morning.




Of course, we had to pause our snuggling by the fire whenever a song played.  He insists we dance together every time he hears music.  I love him!


I love our relaxing mornings.  I love how excited he gets when I ask if he wants to have a fire and watch the 'ho ho ho' movie.  I love how he laughs at the winter warlock in the Santa Clause Movie, and says  ho ho ho repeatedly when we watch Rudolf.

*****

He figured out how to climb through my cupboards.  He empties them, and makes him self a little fort.


He thinks it is hilarious when he can climb all the way though!


***
Saturday was Christmas Cookie Day.  We spent the entire day baking at Nana's house.






Karson had a blast, and loved helping us.  But let me tell you-doing cut out cookies with an almost  2 year old is challenging.  It is definitely not the same as play doh.  We have some very interesting shaped cookies.  They have yet to be decorated-that is on the list for tomorrow.

***

We had Christmas with DJ's family on Sunday.  Karson had so much fun opening gifts.  He opened all of his, and all of Mommy's. :)  With every rip of paper, he said 'thank you, thank you.'  DJ and I were laughing so hard at him!  He was having so much fun, and insisted each toy come out of the packaging after he opened it.  He kept saying 'stuck stuck...hewl mommy stuck.'



***

My fire needs another log, and I hear Karson up...2 hours early from his nap.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...