Aside: I am spoiled, and my husband gets my morning coffee ready for me the night before. All I have to do in the morning is walk to my coffee pot, and push the on button. So at 5:30 am when I finally gave in and got up, I walked half asleep to my coffee pot and turned it on. Went back a few minutes later and poured myself a cup of hot water. Um...honey...I think you forgot the most important part of the coffee...the actual coffee...
St. Nick visited the house on Monday night. He left Karson a few surprises. One being his favorite treat. When I got him out of his crib in the morning, I told him to find what St. Nick had brought him in his shoes. He went running straight to the jar of m&ms.
See the paci sticking out? He was likely saying 'mmm nummy nummy mmmm.'
I let him have a few (or handful) of m&ms and pointed out the other gift St. Nick left.
he is sucking on, what was likely, his 20th m&m of the morning.
He knew exactly what to do, and ripped the package open.
That St. Nick is pretty smart. A 'goggie' on Santa's sled sounds perfect for my sweet boy. As soon as he saw it he started panting. Which is what he now does every time he sees a dog. I am not sure how he picked that one up, since all Molly does is bark!
He went straight to the tree to hang it up. He is so proud of his new ornament from St. Nick, and points it out for everyone. He is always sure to demonstrate what the 'goggie' says by panting.
I love the magic that Christmas creates. And after going back and forth, I have finally decided, St. Nick will be sending us a special Elf to watch over Karson and Baby Sister next year. I can hardly wait!! Have I mentioned I love the magic of Christmas?
And that morning I won Mother of the Year...
I may or may not have added a few of St. Nick's special treats to his morning waffle.
Along with the magic of Christmas...I also love sneaking into the living room to find him snuggled up on the floor next to the tree, watching a Christmas Movie.
Our house has a wood burning fire place, with a plug in log with a rotating light. A log I have often made fun of. We finally got the fireplace inspected. Mama is a safety nut and said absolutely no fires until we know it is safe. Daddy agreed. He is catching onto my safety nut ways!
It was exactly as we had expected...an extremely clean, perfectly safe fire place.
As soon as the inspectors left, Daddy got working on our first fire.
We all stayed in the livingroom all night, watching Christmas movies, and laying in front of the fire. Karson loved it. Daddy loved it. Mommy loved it. Molly posed for a pretty picture...
But no one loved it as much as my parents dog, Maggie. She laid in front of it all night, and never moved.
I can't wait to have a fire on Christmas morning...after Santa comes down the chimney of course!!













No comments:
Post a Comment