Monday, December 5, 2011

Lately...

Santa Tree Topper
Growing up, we had a Santa on top of our tree.  We each took turns getting to put him up.  The last two years, Karson has helped Nana put our very old Santa on top of the tree.


Doh, Mommy, doh!
Don't buy playdoh again.  Google a recipe, and make it.  So easy, it takes 2 minutes.  If it wasn't for the fact that I am comfortable in the rocking chair right now, I would post mine.  But it is in the kitchen, and it is a rare case in the evenings that I can actually get comfortable.  

 
Karson asks for his doh all the time!





This face usually follows the 'oh wow oh wow oh wow.'


December/Spring Weather
I would like to send Mother Nature a letter, and remind her that it is DECEMBER in MICHIGAN.


And while Karson has a had and gloves on in these pictures, it was in the 50s this weekend. 
It is December....we need snow!!
have i ever mentioned how much i love his blue eyes?!


Daddy cut down my parent's neighbor's tree the day after Thanksgiving.  If everything goes well with our fireplace inspection tomorrow...we will have a fire tomorrow evening!! Not completely random...Karson is staring at the cut up tree on the side of the house, and signing his version of 'tree.'



 Karson and I took Nana and Grandpa to the airport last week.  Karson LOVES airplanes, we were all excited to see his reaction when he saw them.  He totally didn't get it.  The planes weren't in the sky like they were supposed to be...

this picture cracks me up...Nana & Grandpa pointing out the plane...Karson looking at them like they are crazy


Jesse Advent
 I have said this many times, but I am a huge believer in incorporating both the magic and miracle into Christmas.  I love all the magic that Santa brings, but I want Karson to understand the true meaning of Christmas as well.  We started doing the Jesse Advent Tree this year.  Except we didn't do a tree, because I have ocd and wanted them in chronological order.   I bought this book last Christmas and we have been following the devotionals for kids.  It is way over Karson's head.  He understands where we put them each day, and loves to show Daddy his ornaments he makes when he gets home.  That is about all he understands.  For the most part we have just been asking him, "Who made the Earth?" and "Whose Birthday is it on Christmas?"
 

He colors an ornament I make each day, and we hanging it on a ribbon in the living room.



The first day, I printed off a picture of the Earth.  He insisted on only coloring the back, so I have a blank circle with Karson's artistic work hanging up, with the Earth side glued to the card stock.




Our Jesse Advent Tree so far.  I have to come up with a new way to hang them soon, because I only have a few clothes pins left.   I love that the book goes through the Bible from the beginning, to Jesus's birth.  It is a fun tradition and a great reminder about the true meaning of Christmas.


Before Nap Snuggles
Depending on how early Karson wokes up, I will sometimes let him watch a few minutes of a movie before nap.  He and Molly usually snuggle up on the couch together while I pick up lunch. 


Tripod
It came with my Camera, I have had it for over a year, I have never take it out of the box.  We took it out a few days ago, to get some family pictures, and this was my first attempt and figuring out the self timer.  Karson thought counting to 3 and running was hilarious! 



Bedroom Play Time
I love it.  


Tired Munchkin
We do NOT mess with Karson's nap.  Ever.  Bad things happen when Karson's nap gets messed up.  He went down relatively late for nap after church yesterday, because he fell asleep on the way too church, and was wired when we got home.   Poor Munchkin had such a rough evening yesterday.  Every little thing made him completely melt down.  He handles lack of sleep like his Mama. :)  He was still tired today, and even asked to get in his crib at 10:30...nap is at 12.  We settled for The Grinch and a comfy spot on the floor by the tree instead.


St. Nick Night
It is St. Nick Night.  Karson put his shoes by the door before bed, so St. Nick could fill them while he is sleeping.    St. Nick has already visited our house...he must be running a little early this year...


I can't wait to get Karson out of bed in the morning and see his reaction when he sees his shoes by the door.  Click HERE to see more on our St. Nick Night tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...