Usually, DJ is home from work by the time Karson wakes up from his nap. But his schedule is unpredectable, and sometimes I get a call at the last minute saying he has to work late. The hours between when Karson wakes up and DJ gets home are usually the hardest. Karson KNOWS when Daddy is supposed to be home. And Molly KNOWS when Daddy is supposed to be home...and barks constantly at every single noise she hears until he gets home. On the days when DJ works late, we usually do a craft when Karson wakes up.
I saw this on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and it reminded me how much fun it is!
I used to do this all the time with my 2 year olds when I taught day care.
I let him pick out a few trucks, and tractors.
And of course, a few 'choo-choos.'
Put some paint on a piece of card stock, and showed him how to drive his trucks over the paint.
He had so much fun, and painted for almost an hour!
We ended up having to just keep the 'choo-choos' next to him.
He was less than thrilled about getting paint on them.
My table ended up being covered with paint.
I want to find some butcher paper to cover the table with for this activity.
I don't mind cleaning up a paint mess, but I don't want him to think it is ok to paint the table. :)
His paintings are hanging on our slider, and every time he seems them, he reminds me he painted them with his trucks.
We will definitely be doing this activity again!!
...and of course...he had to line up all of his trucks like a 'choo-choo.'







No comments:
Post a Comment