Monday, December 6, 2010

St. Nick Night {traditions}

I am a huge tradition girl!
I love them!
Especially traditions during the Holidays.
Have you heard of St. Nick Night?
Put your shoes out on your front porch on December 5th.
When you wake up on the 6th, St. Nick will have filled them with goodies.
In our family, St. Nick always brought you an ornament for the Christmas tree.
St. Nick was always VERY particular about what ornaments we got as kids.
She still is now. :-)
The ornaments we got were significant to that time in our life.
I have an ornament from Germany.
A Santa Snowboarder from Florida.
A coffee cup.
A lamb.
A Willow Tree Angel holding a brown puppy.
A brown Lab.
Ballet Shoes.
Icecube snowman.
A Kacy Ornament.
explanation of a Kacy ornament coming up...
Precious Moment ornaments.
Snowflakes. 
Of course, Karson won't remember St. Nick coming to our house this year.
But once again, Mommy will.
 We kind of changed the rules this year.
We didn't put Karson's shoes outside.
Mainly,because they are too small, and would blow away.
And because we waited for Daddy to come home from work to open them.
 After a few hints on what to do, he had it figured out.
Mommy snuck some Christmas books in too.
 He had fun ripping the paper.
 Karson's first ornaments!
Mommy helped him put them on the tree.
Way up high, so he couldn't get to them. :-)
 Now, hanging high on our tree,
a tree filled with my ornaments from St. Nick,
hang a pair of blue and white baby booties.
Karson's first Christmas ornament from St. Nick.

Linking up with Blessed Little Nest for Life Made Lovely.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love traditions too! Our children each get an ornament on Christmas Eve. I really like this idea on Dec.5th- then they can enjoy them on the tree before we pack it all away for next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly why St. Nick gave us our ornaments. So we could enjoy them on our tree the year we got them. I think the true St. Nick tradition is to put fruit and nuts in the shoes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we put ornaments in our St. Nick stockings for the kids, too. I love the collage of all the ornaments....how did you do that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picasa. You can down download the program for free. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...