Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Big Huge Catch Up Post

I am so so behind on this blog!
Actually...I am behind on a lot of things, because a certain little girl doesn't sleep.  
After only a few hours of sleep before Karson's 5am wake up call of "Mommy I awake!" both are napping.
Napping in their beds.
Napping in their beds...at the same time!
Woohoo!

So a big huge catch up post...

:: July 2012 ::
Little girl loves the exersaucer.
She hates being on her back.
She loves sitting up.
{this was in July...now she loves to jump in her jumperoo and sit in her walker}

And a huge improvement in big brother's attitude towards his little sister makes this Mama's heart happy!!


:: July Wisconsin Visit ::

 Alternately Titled: The Time I Almost Listed My 2 Year Old On Craig's List

In July my kiddos and I traveled to Wisconsin to visit family with my Mom & Dad.
Sometimes, my kids are angels.
Sometimes, they are not.
Sometimes, they are really, really, really not! 

Wisconsin visits are important to me.
It is important to me that my kids know their Wisconsin family.
And that our Wisconsin family knows my kids.
Usually we go every month from March to October.
After some major, never before seen, 2 year old tantrums from an unnamed 2 year old...
...and hours upon hours of screaming in the car from an unnamed 4 month old.
I very nicely told my Wisconsin family that I would see them in November.


Ellary and her GiGi.
Ellary shares her GiGi's name.


My sweet girl on GiGi's couch.
Wearing one of my old dresses from when I was her age.
A post about that will be coming...hopefully by the time she is 2.
Kidding...kind of.


I was a little overwhelmed at my 2 year old's behavior while we were there.  
So while he was sleeping, I took a Mommy reprieve and snuggled my girl on the couch for a few hours.

 I should say it was not entirely his fault.
He was incredibly sleep deprived, and everything was a "no touch."
Something he isn't used to.

{I am a firm believer in the fact that this is his house too.  
He understands there are things he is not supposed to play with.  
But for the most part, if he isn't supposed to have it, he can't get to it.}

 His behavior drastically improved when we went to my Aunt's house for the afternoon.
A huge back yard to run around in.
A dog to play with.
A pool to splash in.
A much more appropriate environment for a 2 year old boy!

Miss Ellary was just happy to be outside, and out of that dreaded car seat.


Some 1 on 1 Bumpa play time is a fabulous cure for the crabbies.




His swim suit was wet from swimming at the pool the night before, so we convinced him his shorts were ok to get wet.
When they got too went and looked uncomfortable, we let him run around in his "choo choos."
He thought he was so cool!




:: Daddy Time ::


:: Beach Days ::

We have only had a few beach days this summer.
It is hard to take them both to the beach by myself.
But we make the best of it when we do go.
 

He will not to any where near the water if it is even remotely cold!

 

Sweet girl napping on the beach.


I convinced him his wagon was his "special bed."
Yea...it actually worked and he took a nap.
I was shocked too!




Most.Stressful.Beach.Day.Ever

Take my word for it: Going to the beach after a very rough weekend (Wisconsin Weekend listed above), is a bad bad bad idea.

Ella melted down and then finally fell asleep.
Karson melted down, & kicked his sleeping little sister in the eye.
Sand in Ella's eye = screaming baby.
Stressed out Mama = yelling at the 2 year old.
Melting down two year old getting yelled at = a major melt down.

All of that equals a lot of crying, and yelling, and all around chaos. 

{please.please.please: if you see a young Mama struggling in this situation do not give her dirty looks & comment on her ability to control her kids.  It is incredibly not helpful & makes said young Mama feel even worse.  Yes, lady that sat next to us giving me the stink eye the entire time, I am talking to you.}

Before all of the screaming & yelling took place, there were 2 kids happily enjoying the beach. 


And with that Ellary is awake...I got halfway through July. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love your blog! It cracks me up "I nicely told my family I would see them in November." Mostly because its so true and I completely understand the feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...