Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Challenge

Karson has not slept well the last few nights.
Which means I am exhausted.
My exhaustion caused me to get up an hour and a half late this morning.
A morning we actually had to be out of the house by nine.
My house was trashed, but we did it.
Went to our Sign Language Class.
Went to his Post Op. appointment.
Came home and read this.
A challenge to take pictures all day.
To see your blessings, without all the extra stuff.
The laundry...dishes...crabbiness...
I have been meaning to get some more good pictures of Karson.
I was up for it.
I did not realize how much I needed this challenge today.
You see, Karson is an EASY baby.
He is almost 9 months old.
I remember 3 really rough days with him
Today was number 4...
He screamed the majority of the day.
He crawled around on the floor sobbing.
He didn't want to be held.
He didn't want to eat.
He didn't want to sleep.
Days like today are hard.
But the pictures I took today...
You would never know today was a rough day.
You would never know Karson sobbed for 90% of the day.
Or that Molly got so scared when a truck parked in front of our house, she hid behind the couch.
She barked...and barked...and barked.
The pictures show what a normal day is around here.
Karson following Molly around, everywhere she goes.
Playing in her toy basket.
Sneaking to her water bowl, when he thinks I am not looking.
Playing with his trucks.
Reading books.
Having a bedtime snack.
Taking a bath.
Normally I don't give him a toilet paper roll.
Or push play on Praise Baby as much as I did today.
Or let him play in a tub of water in the living room.
But, I was desperate, and it worked.
And at the end of the day.
My baby is sleeping soundly.
An hour and a half earlier than normal.
But he is safe and warm in his own crib.
So after a rough day.
I will once again choose to be thankful.
Because our rough day could be a whole lot worse.

2 comments:

  1. ohmygoodness! the picture of him in the green bin! so sweet! and you're right! if you hadn't said anything, i would have never known you had a bad day! :)

    so sorry it was tough, but it was still beautiful. and that's the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos. It is so true if not for your writing I would have thought you guys had a great. Your little guy in tub is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...