Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful {Karson's Surgery}

Tonight I am thankful.
I am thankful that we were facing something so minor today.
I am thankful that our sweet baby boy was only having extra cartilage removed.
I am thankful that we have an amazing hospital nearby.
I am thankful that the nurses and doctors were so sweet to our baby.
I am thankful that they played with Karson until the full belly giggle came out.
I am thankful for the play room, where Mommy left her germaphobic-ness at the door, and let Karson crawl around and play with all the {germy} toys.
I am thankful for time blowing bubbles with my baby.
I am thankful for the stroller we could take walks in; when Karson was restless, tired, and hungry.
I am thankful that the doctors let me go back with Karson until he was under.
I did have to argue for this.
They may be doctors, but I am Mom.
I know what is best
I am thankful that everything went as planned.
I am thankful that when Karson woke up, Mommy and Daddy were right there.
I am thankful he had no problems coming out of anaesthesia.
I am thankful for his paci, Praise Baby, his new snuggly puppy from Grandma Nana, and extra snuggles from Mommy and Daddy.
I am thankful these were all such a comfort to him.
I am thankful that 2 hours after he woke up, he was ready to go.
I was once again thankful for the playroom.
I am thankful we got to come home with a happy and healthy baby.
I am thankful he is sleeping soundly in his crib.
Tonight as I go to bed, I am thankful we were only there for a simple procedure.
I will say an extra prayer for the Mommies and Daddies who have to deal with heart problems, cancer, tumors...
For the Mommies and Daddies who go through so much more than having extra cartilage on their baby's ear removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...