For the most part, I obsess over what food we have in our house. If the ingredients have: high fructose corn syrup, modified anything, or hydrogenated anything, in all likelihood, you will not find them in my kitchen. With that said, I believe in all things in moderation. To an extent. Christmas? Eat whatever you want. Halloween? Eat all the candy you can. Easter? Eat chocolate! Special occasions? Ignore, and enjoy! Heart attack in a bag Beach Mix? A necessity at the beach!
Beach Mix can be made with any snacks you want. I have never made it the same twice. This is how I usually make it.
Ingredients:
3 Bags Bite Size Tostitos tortilla chips
1 Bag Pretzels
1 Bag Oyster Crackers
1 Bag Fritoes Scoops
2 Bags Bugles
1 Bag Gold Fish Crackers
1 Box Crispix
Pour all into a doubled garbage bag.
(make sure to double it or it makes a mess :-))
Mix together in a bowl:
2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
1 pkg. Dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
I have used both the dressing mix and the seasoning packet
1 tbl. Dill Weed
1 tbl. Lemon Pepper
I usually put in a little less lemon pepper
Pour over the crackers in the garbage bag. Shake the bag, well. Every time you walk past it for 24 hours, shake it more.
Bag into zip locks. I think the last batch I made, filled 6 or 7 gallon bags. This recipe only made 5. I freeze the bags, until I use them.
Why is it called beach mix??
Because when you take a bag to the beach, and it sits in the sun, and gets warm, it tastes even better!!
My kids would love that mix! Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeletemmmmm sounds good! :)
ReplyDelete