I would love to take credit for this idea, but I can't.
I would love to link to Auntie Leesh's blog, but I can't.
Because she doesn't have one.
And although I have told her she needs one, she is busy.
Ya know, with grad school and all. :)
I saw this saying a long time ago, and loved it!
I changed the words around a little, because I wanted kiss me good night at the end.
I spray painted a canvas I already had blue.
And by I spray painted, I mean I put on the first coat, then had my dad do the second.
Then when I made an oops, DJ put on another coat to fix it.
Print, whatever you want your sign to say, off your computer.
Place carbon paper, dark side down, under your words.
I would suggest taping the words to the canvas. I didn't the first time, and couldn't get it lined back up when it moved.
thus the oops...
Trace over the words with a pen.
This was the first time I used canvas, and I probably won't do it again. Wood is easier!
I had a hard time getting the letters to transfer. I put a hard book under the inside of the canvas, so I could use more pressure.
Before you take off the paper, make sure it transferred dark enough to see.
Again...
Before you take off the paper, make sure it transferred dark enough to see.
Trace over with a paint pen.
Sometimes I have had to go back over for a 2nd coat with the paint pen.
I didn't have to this time though.
The carbon paper can be used over and over and over again. And again, I probably won't use canvas anymore. You can get wood board at Lowe's for really cheap, and it is lots easier.
Next on my craft list: Family Rules
...and getting my house done so this cute sign can hang in Karson's new room.
No comments:
Post a Comment