Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ellary {6 Months}

Our sweet Ellary turned 6 months old last week!!  I say it all day every day, but I can not believe it was six months ago that I was a huge, miserable pregnant lady--praying I would go in to labor already!

Ellary, at six months you...

...love to be outside!  You always have.  If you are crying, and I can't get you calmed down, you usually settle as soon as I walk outside.

...nurse...a lot!  You nurse on demand, and never go more than a few hours without eating.  Day or night.  If you are really upset, or scared you comfort nurse, which I am completely ok with.  I love our time together!


...sleep very rarely.  You will only nap if I am holding you, and after fighting it since the day you were born, I finally gave up.  You take 1 good afternoon nap, while you brother is sleeping, curled up in Mama's arms.  If I lay you down, you wake up.  Always.  I keep reminding myself you will only be this little for a short time, and for the time being, our house is a disaster. :)  You still have a hard time with sleeping at night as well.  You don't know how to put yourself back to sleep when you wake up without nursing.  We spend lots of quality time together at night.

...love being in the ergo.  Whenever you are scared, I put up the sleep hood in the ergo, and you glue your head to my chest.  You immediately relax, and usually fall asleep.


...are such a Mama's girl!  You usually won't go to anyone but Mama.  As soon as someone takes you from me, you cry...with real tears.  You are instantly happy as soon as you are back with Mommy.

...get scared easily.  You don't like loud noises, or crowds.  You usually will only ride in the stroller until someone you don't know says hi to you, then you get scared.  I always keep you in the ergo when we are out and about to help keep you calm.  I joked with Aunt TT, that you need a sign that says "don't say hi to me...I will cry" while we are walking through stores.


...pulled your self up.  By yourself.  Twice.  You also army crawl.  Slow down sweet girl!

...started doing the cutest pig face the other day.  We laugh so hard when you do it, then it makes you smile even bigger.  You have been cracking us up!

 ...have no interest in solids.  At all.  We have tried a few things.  Usually,whatever veggies or fruit we are having with dinner.  You spit everything out, or gag and throw up.  


We love you so much, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...