Monday, October 22, 2012

The Pumpkin Farm

I like coffee.  A lot.  Not because of the caffeine.  I just love the taste of coffee.  I crave a cup of hot, strong, black coffee.  Decaf coffee tastes bad.  Yes, I can tell a difference.  In college I drank coffee all.day.long.  Probably a few too many cups.  Occasionally, I would get a caffeine buzz.  My body telling me I have had a bit too much caffeine.  This morning I had two cups of coffee.  Strong, black, Keurig, a.ma.zing coffee...and all morning I had the i had too much coffee jitters...the same ones I got when I had pots of coffee in college.  Not 2 cups...pots. All that to say, I am losing my coffee tolerance.

***************************************

We went to the "Pumpin' Farm" last week.  It was a beautiful, sunny day  We decided to throw our plans of cleaning the house aside, and take a family day making memories instead.  We were taking risk.  A 2 1/2 year old with no nap, comes with no guarantees of a good time, and an increased likelihood of a major meltdown.  He surprised us.  He loved every second of it.  And Ellary, she is terrified whenever she is in crowds.  I always put her in the Ergo with the hood up and she immediately calms down.  Combine the Ergo with her love of being outside, and you have a content, sleeping Ellary.

First up on our trip to the farm, was the hayride to the pumpkin patch.  We rode behind a tractor.  My little boy was in heaven!


We picked out four pumpkins.  One for Mommy, Daddy, Karson, & Baby Ella.  


Karson instructed us "Baby Ella 'dis one...riiiiiiight here."


Proof that Ellary was, in fact, at the pumpkin patch for the first time.


Next, a visit to see the "horseys."



And just like last year, I was nervous to put my little boy on the Pumpkin Train.  Put Train behind anything, and it has Karson written all over it.  But the rides at the town fair did not go over well...and landed us with a sobbing little boy that we couldn't get off the ride.   I asked before it started for the driver to keep an eye out for him to c-r-y.  Of course, he surprised me with his huge smile.  He even rode it two times.  



We ended out trip to the Pumpkin Farm with pumpkin donuts and the best apple cider around.  
So, so yummy!
And after Miss Ellary woke up, we got a few quick family pictures.

"baby ella have pumpin' tooooooo'





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...