Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Night Time

My favorite time of day?
Easy.
Bed time.
But not because the day is finally over...and Karson is goes to sleep.
That part, I hate!
 My favorite time of the day is bedtime, because it is our time.
Just Karson and Mommy.
 If you know me personally, you know I rarely, like almost never, give up Karson's bed time bottle.
You have to fight me for it.
And it has to be a really, really, really good reason.
I don't even let DJ give it to him very often.
That is our time.
You see, Munchkin and I never got the nursing thing figured out.
It was never bonding time for us.
It was stressful.
We would both be in tears.
It never was what it was supposed to be.
Bed time is our time.
After DJ is done giving him a bath, he is all mine.
DJ goes to bed, and the only ones up are Karson and I.
He gets his night time bottle, and usually, snuggles in, and falls asleep.
We snuggle for hours.
I tell him how much fun I had playing with him, and how I can't wait to play with him when he wakes up.
I try to convince him to let me sleep until morning, but that rarely happens.
We snuggle some more, and I thank God for blessing me with this sweet boy.
When he starts wanting to stretch out, I lay him down in his crib.
Give him a kiss, and tell him how much I love him.
He is starting to not want to be rocked to sleep anymore.
Maybe only once or twice a week he will fall asleep on me after his bottle.
I cherish those nights.
We cuddle for hours.
Bed time is my time with my Munchkin.
It is our bonding time.
So if you ask me what my favorite part of the day is...
...hands down...bed time
But don't think it is because the day is over and I finally get to put Karson to bed.
It is exactly the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...