Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lately...

I had uploaded these pictures last week.  With the hope of getting them posted at the beginning of this week.  But Monday night my Aunt called.  She had taken my Grandma to the Emergency Room and they thought she may be having/ may have had a heart attack.  My Mom and I made a mad dash though the house, packing for who knows how long.  I called DJ home, and he switched Karson's car seat.  We loaded up the pack and play, a few toys, and headed to the other side of the Lake.  On the way we found out she did not have a heart attack, but she definitely was having a heart related issue.  We pulled into her apartment complex at 1am. Unloaded the sleeping baby, and headed inside.  We talked with my Uncle for a while, tried to get the not  sleeping anymore baby back to sleep.  We woke up early Tuesday morning and headed to visit my Grandma.  We stayed there all day.  She had a heart cath and we found out good and bad news.  Basically, we are praying the meds help to treat the symptoms.  We are home now.  We are exhausted.  We are thankful Karson's Gigi is home and doing well.  And because I am exhausted a completely random post will have to do.

Karson & Molly
They love each other.  They really do.  Sometimes Moll just tolerates Karson, and sometimes Karson gets frustrated that he gets knocked down.  I think it is important for a little boy to grow up with a 'goggie.'

 

They really do spend a lot of time playing together outside.  The older Karson gets, the more he plays with her, and the more Moll likes him.  After all, what dog doesn't like sticks being brought to them.

 


 Bath Time
He had a rough week last week.  Cutting 7 teeth would do that to anyone.  He took a lot of baths.  Some in the middle of the day to curb his crabbiness.  It always works.


Zoo Phonics
I have always said I was going to start Zoo Phonics with Karson when he turns 18 months old.  We have a new addition to our breakfast routine now.
He eats...

And when he is done, we go through half the alphabet.  I was shocked how well he did the first time. He was really trying to mimic what I was saying.



Sprinker Fun
Karson has to be in control when water is involved.  Which is why, when I was watering plants the other day and he decided to play in the sprinkler, I let him play with his clothes on.  Because if I stopped him to put his suite on, he would never start playing again.
the picture on the right: he is allowed to play with the rocks in the landscaping, but he isn't allowed to move rocks into the grass.  He was sneaking a hand full of rocks around the back yard.  Thus the 'i'm not doing anything wrong' face.


When Nana got home from work, he even convinced her to play in the freezing cold water with him.


Upside Down Icecream

He is convinced ice cream cones are to be eaten upside down.





...and now to go unpack and do some laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...