Saturday, December 11, 2010

Auntie Leesh & Auntie Katie

I grew up without sisters.
I have awesome sister-in-laws.
I love them dearly.
But never had sisters living in my house.
I have three brothers.
Honestly, I love being the only girl.
Never had to share a room.
Never had to share clothes.
Girl Time meant my Mom and I.

Not having sisters has made me appreciate my girlfriends even more.
It has taught me that you do not have to be related to be family.
 Meet Auntie Leesh and Auntie Katie.
I have talked about them before.
Auntie Leesh took these pictures and these.
Auntie Katie is a Wedding Planner.
Visit her blog.
She has some really cool ideas.
Still working on getting Auntie Leesh to start one.

I have a hard time referring to them as merely friends.
They are so much more!
  
They were there on my wedding day.
Ran errand for me the day before.
Helped calm my nerves the day of.
Danced into the middle of the night at my reception.
They celebrated with us, when we found out Karson was on his way.
When we thought we were losing him, Auntie Leesha took me to an ultrasound.
She was there when I found out we would be having a boy.
Texting DJ the whole time, so although he wasn't able to be there, he felt included.
 They stayed at the hospital all day when I was in labor with Karson.
They made me laugh.
Helped calm me down.
Encouraged me.
Anxiously awaited his birth with me!
They were in the waiting room when he was born.  
They held him, loved him, and snuggled when he was minutes old.
Auntie Leesha was at our house hours after we brought Karson home.
Karson was 3 weeks early.
I wasn't totally prepared.
She picked up a few of the essentials for me.
Auntie Katie came over numerous times, and snuggled my munchkin so I could take a much needed nap.
 They had balloons at our house waiting for him, when we got home from his surgery.
They have been silly with him.
 Rocked him to sleep. 
 They have loved my baby as their own.
Karson will always know them as his Aunties
Because they deserve the title.
They are truly Aunties to him.

Both Auntie Katie and Auntie Leesh are GRADUATING from College today.
Auntie Leesha with a degree in Psychology/Special Education
Auntie Katie with a degree in Event Planning.
They have spent hours upon hours waiting for this day.

Auntie Leesha & Auntie Katie,
Congratulations!  THANK YOU for all you do for us.  Thank you for making time to love on our Munchkin.  Thank you for being Aunties to him. We love you both!
Love,
DJ, Kelly, &  Karson

P.S. Their Husband & *soon to be* Husband are awesome too.
  They too have made time to love on our sweet boy!

And please know, I have a huge problem with the fact that I had to DIG for pictures.  Even stole some from facebook.  Meaning, now that you are college graduates, we need to get together more!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, it brought a tear to my eye looking back. Thank you for a special post on your blog. I can't wait for many more special memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...