When your a kid, you think nothing is better than being a kid on Christmas morning.
Then you have a kid of your own, and you realize, being a Mommy on Christmas morning tops being a kid.
It tops just about everything.
And your talking to someone who had wonderful, tradition filled Christmases as a kid.
If fact, this is the first year ever Christmas has been different.
While we missed Grandma Nana, we know she needed to spend Christmas with Jaelee and Jax in Colorado.
Christmas Eve will filled with all of our traditional Christmas Munchies. Grandpa came over and munched with us. Karson got his first bites of Christmas Meatballs and Christmas Chicken Wings. We had plans to go to church, but lost track of time...oops. Really, Munchkin has a bad cough, and I hate when people bring sick kids places. So it is good we kept him home. I insisted on putting my baby to bed on Christmas Eve. I told him all about Santa landing on our roof and how tomorrow was Baby Jesus' Birthday. And when he is older, we will have a big party for Jesus on Christmas. After lots of hugs and kisses, he went to bed. Out came the fondue pot for the adults. YUM. My dad, DJ, and I ate more fried food than we should have. It was yummy! DJ and Dad decided they are taking over the fondue pot when Mom is home next year. No forks. Free for all. Get ready Mom! After we had our fill of wonderful fried food, Santa arrived. He filled our tree with presents, while Munchkin was sleeping. Mommy did not get sentimental about it being his first Christmas. ...because who gets all sappy about putting presents under their tree. right....
DJ went to bed with strict orders: "Don't you dare get my baby out of his crib on Christmas morning without me!"
Munchkin didn't sleep well...probably because he was so excited about Santa coming! Or because he has a nasty cough. We had to wake him up this morning. I couldn't wait to show him what was waiting for him. We just forgot that he saw it when he was up in the middle of the night.
We ate coffee cake with my Dad. Who had been sitting in our driveway for 10 minutes before we woke up. ...oops! We let Karson open his presents. He was so excited to open them at first. But it got old, and he just wanted to play. So it literally took us all day to open gifts.
if there are doubles...sorry...enjoy my sweet boy twice...
By 9:00 it was morning nap time, and more coffee for Mommy time! DJ and I ate breakfast and played the Wii. Today we learned that I am not very good at Super Mario Brothers. I die. A lot.
Munchkin woke up not feeling well. Really, kids should get an out on Christmas. They shouldn't have to be sick. He really just wanted to snuggle with Mommy and Daddy. Thank goodness for the two new Praise Baby DVDs Santa put in his stocking!
Mommy and Daddy fought over took turn snuggling Karson on the couch.
Soon after getting up he went back down for another nap. Mommy made Christmas Pizza. In an attempt to make this not the longest post in history, I will post the Christmas Pizza story later. It is YUMMY!
Munchkin woke up feeling a little better and we played. He loves his new table, and his ABC Magnet. I had planned on putting it on the fridge, but realized when I was putting it up that it would fit on our door. PERFECT!
In case you were wondering. He pulled the base off the door, bent down and picked it up, and stood up on his own. That is a first! And doing it with a toy in his hands proves the kid has it all figured out, he just likes to surprise Mommy!
I don't have many pictures of Karson playing, because I was too busy playing with him.
{One of the perks of Christmas Pizza!}
He got an extra long bath with Daddy with his new boats, and bubble octopus.
My house is quiet now.
Even the dogs are out cold on the couch.
I have added my third entry into my Christmas Memory Book.
I can not wait for next year, and the next year, and the next...
I can not wait to tell him more about Jesus' Birthday, and how special that is.
I can not wait until he is old enough to have a Birthday party for Jesus.
To leave out cookies for Santa and Reindeer food for Rudolf.
And in case you were wondering what Munchkin got for Christmas.
Here are a few of the toys that were wrapped under our tree.





No comments:
Post a Comment