Some people love the smell of their real Christmas Tree.
Tried it last year.
Never again.
It died before Christmas.
We were still picking needles out of our carpet in July.
We are a Fake-Tree-Family.
Some people light their Holiday Candles.
Which, I admit, I love my Cranberry Chutney Yankee candle.
My favorite way to fill my house with the smell of the Holidays.
Christmas smell!
I know this is some how a family recipe, I just don't remember how.
I remember the smell filling our house from Thanksgiving to New Years when I was little.
When DJ and I were on our Honeymoon, two years ago exactly, the smell filled the condo.
I think that is why we love it so much, now.
It reminds us of our Honeymoon.
Ingredients:
1 Orange Cut Up
(I use 1/2 am orange and save the rest for another batch)
1 Lemon Cut Up
(I use 1/2 am lemon and save the rest for another batch)
2 Cinnamon Sticks
(I have used ground cinnamon if I don't have cinnamon sticks)
1/4 Cup Whole Cloves
(I have never used 1/4 cup, maybe a tablespoon or 2. Didn't realize until just now that I was supposed to used whole cloves...I have used the same tiny jar of ground cloves for 2 years now...)
2 Bay Leaves
(I have actually always stuck to the 2 bay leaves.)
Put it in a sauce pan and cover it with water.
Put the pan on low, and let the smell of the holidays fill your house!
**Disclaimer: DO NOT let the water run out. It will burn, and ruin your pan. Not that I know or anything... Also, it will look this pretty for about an hour. Then it all turns black. I change mine every week or so.
*Please ignore my teflon pan. Didn't know how bad they were when we got them. Now that I know...well...I'm working on it. Along with about 1,000 other things. :-)
*Please ignore my teflon pan. Didn't know how bad they were when we got them. Now that I know...well...I'm working on it. Along with about 1,000 other things. :-)
ooh, I'll have to make this again soon! lol about the Teflon pan disclaimer. I've made this and run out of water before too, oops!
ReplyDelete