1. When the kids are older, do you think you’ll get a real job?
thank.you.very.much. Being a SAHM is a real job! You just don't get paid for it!
2. How June Cleaver of you!
huh?
3. Oh, so you don’t work?
Nope. I just change {cloth} diapers, make meals, do laundry, plan activities, clean the house, grocery shop, etc... But nope, I don't work...
4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
Obviously you have never met my son. What extra time? And if there were extra time, I would gladly make brownies for your bake sale. With Karson. Sounds like a good science lesson and memory maker to me!
5. All day with your kids? I can’t even imagine.
Yes, I spend all day, every day, with my kid. What a concept...
6. I’m jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn’t have to work either.
Makes me more frustrated than anything!! Just as bad as 'must be nice.' Have you seen our teeny tiny house? Have I mentioned we are living at my parents to save money for a better house for Karson? Have you noticed we don't go on extravagant vacations? We make huge sacrifices for me to be able to stay home with Karson. Every one of them so worth it! So no, my husband is not rich. But we make do with what we have, and every one of Karson's smiles makes it worth it!
7. So what do you do all day, anyway?
Refer to #3
8. Don’t worry; I’m sure you’re not the only one who’s ever wasted money on a college degree.
Actually, I never got my degree. When I found out we were expecting Karson, I dropped out of college to take care of him. Good try though. :-)
9. That explains why your son is so clingy!
I will take every one of his snuggles when he is uncomfortable. Love that he wants to always be with me. And really, he isn't clingy at all when he is surrounded by people he knows.
10. Weird. I assumed your house would be super clean.
Weird. I would rather make memories with Karson than clean my house.
Love it and totally agree! I am a SAHM of four. All mine are spaced very close together. I have had both strangers and friends tell me to my face that I am crazy. It doesn't really offend me, but what a rude thing to say.
ReplyDeleteThe only one that really frustrates me is 'must be nice.' Uggg!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing how people think that you don't do anything all day!?! Or that it's easy to stay at home? I say kudos to you! It is such an wonderful, rewarding, amazing thing to be able to stay at home.
ReplyDelete