Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bringing Munchkin Home

At some point, I will get over the fact that my baby is 1.  Until then, you will have to deal with my 'remember when' posts. :-)

One year ago today, we packed up our hospital room, got Munchkin in his coming home outfit, put him in his car seat for the first time, and headed out the hospital doors to head for home. 
I tend to get a little sentimental about things.  Especially, in regards to Karson.  

That car seat we brought him home in.
It broke. 
We sent it back to Graco for a refund.

The car we brought him home in.
Sold it.

The house we brought him to.
Sold it.
We have 1 month left in it.

The one thing we have, that I refuse to get rid of.
The thing that I would be most heartbroken over if it broke.
The one I have made clear, I am never selling or giving away.
The one baby thing I that made me to cry to take down?
His cradle.
I refuse to even put it in the storage garage when we move.
Nope.  Mom, its coming back to your house.
That is until we find a house, then it is coming with me.
Because I'm not parting with it.
The car seat.
The car.
The house.
Fine.
Whatever.
I don't have those any more.
But the cradle I put him in 2 seconds after we walked in the door.
Exactly 1 year ago today.
Not parting with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...