I had so much fun planning decorations for Karson's Birthday Party.
We went with a dog theme, since he LOVES his Molly & Maggie.
Molly is our chocolate lab & Maggie is my parents. In case you were wondering.
All the decorations were different shades of brown and blue.
The flag pendent above Karson's highchair was brown and white fabric with paw prints on them.
The middle blue flag had a '1' on it.
I have zero to minimal sewing skills, so my Mom helped me out.
I punched out circles out of brown card stock for Karson's name.
The letters are felt stickers from Hobby Lobby & the paw prints are from a puncher I also got at Hobby Lobby.
The circle garland hung on the fan in the middle of the room.
This is as far as my sewing skills take me.
Sewing paper circles.
And I couldn't tell you how many times I had to call for help, because I jammed up the machine.
Sorry Mom!
Behind the cake table I hung a picture from each Month.
Aunt Katie hot glued matching ribbon onto the clothes pins, and my dad hung the ribbon across the slider for me.
Karson's 'Smash Cake.'
My Mom helped me make it.
I think it turned out super cute!
This was the cake for everyone else to eat.
This flag pendent hung into the livingroom.
I attached the dogs to the blue flags with heat transfer paper.
Again, my Mom sewed it for me.
On the end tables in the living room I had Mason Jars with animal crackers and pretzels in them.
I had planned on making sugar cookies, and using a cookie cutter to make dog bones.
But they were a fail.
They tasted yummy, but they turned into a big rectangle.
I also had photo albums out from his first year.
The majority of the ideas I found here.
I actually didn't realize she had also hung pictures for each month.
I thought I had come up with that one on my own.
Guess not.
I will share more about his party in a few days.





That turned out so cute, I love it!
ReplyDeleteI am trying out Disqus, not sure what I think...
Thanks for helping :)