Last year, our first family outing with Karson was to Tulip Time. I loved getting everything ready then, and I loved preparing for our day this year. We got up early, made breakfast, DJ played with Karson while I got everything ready for the day. I packed snacks for Karson, extra water for DJ and I, a slew of diapers, extra clothes if it got colder or warmer. I packed blankets for sitting on the grass. Blankets for putting over the stroller for a nap. I brought the fully charged camera and video camera.
We got to the kids programs right when they opened. Karson and I went in the bounce house first. He was terrified, and wouldn't let go. He isn't quite coordinated enough to bounce yet, but loved when kids ran past him.
The petting zoo at Tulip Time out did our Zoo's petting down. They actually had more than 2 animals. Karson loved them.
The baby lambs seemed to love him too.
Karson loved the bubbles.
Daddy insisted on taking Karson into the wild animal buss. While I would have been terrified of the bear, Karson loved it.
I love them. A lot.
I did pack a bag full of snacks. But my son is a bottomless pit, so we stopped for lunch anyway. We sat outside, and it was beautiful. It was warm, and sunny, and perfect.
After lunch, a carousel ride, for a very sleeping boy!
And of course, the field of tulips.
Which little boys don't care about. They care about dirt...
And trying to pick flowers.
which ps if picked, you get a $100 fine for
Sticking your finger in them, totally acceptable.
It may be a sweet picture, think what you want. But I was telling him 'no' repeatedly. A sweet picture from afar. Two seconds later, a major melt down.















That looks like so much fun! Oh my goodness, I would love that! {The girls would too of course :)} The photos are so darling, Karson is getting so big!
ReplyDelete