Monday, February 20, 2012

33 Weeks



I am 33 weeks today!  I told DJ last night, that I finally feel ready.  I got out of the house with my Mom for a few hours on Saturday, and picked up the last of the items we needed on my list.  The cradle is set up, her room is {almost} ready, her teeny-tiny {pink} clothes are all packed and ready for her to wear them at the hospital, her diapers are prepped.  The only thing left to pick up on my list is white long sleeved Carter's onesies, and curtains & blinds for her room.  My Mom is sewing her name to put above her crib.  I have the fabric picked out, I just have to go to Hobby Lobby and pick it up.   I also have a few signs to make for her wall, that I am hoping to finish this week.  A sneak peak...


I will post more later this week.

Some pregnancy highlights:
*I had a doctor's appointment last week.  Everything is going well.  Sister is measuring small.  I had Karson with me at my appointment, like I always do, and my dr. asked how big he was when he was born.  He was 7 lbs 6 oz...at 3 weeks early.  In other words, he would have been huge if he came full term. :)  My doctor did tell me to slow down a little.  No more trips out of town, and no more chasing a {almost} 2 year old around a water park when I'm sick.  :)

*I have no idea how much weight I have gained...I choose not to pay attention. :) 

*I have said from the beginning of this pregnancy, that sister rarely moves.  She moves so much less than Karson ever did.   She still only moves a few times a day, but when she does....OUCH!  Sister kicks HARD!  She usually moves when I sit down during Karson's nap time, and when I lay down to go to bed.

*The last week, my reflux/heartburn has been making me miserable.  Especially after dinner.  I have been trying to be careful what I eat, but it doesn't seem to matter.  I made homemade ginger ale last night, and felt so much better.  I had about a half a glass with my dinner.  I thought I was going to have to gag it down, but it is really good.  I just really like plain ice water, and am not a huge fan of carbonated drinks.  Not sure if I felt better because of the ginger ale or what I ate, but I will definitely be keeping it in the house!!

*I have started nesting.  Karson and I cleaned out the pantry today, and we cleaned our bedroom and rearranged some things over the weekend. 

*I am starting to stock up on ingredients to freeze as many dinners as I can.  I plan on freezing meatloaf, spaghetti bake, manicotti, burritos, Grandma's chicken (family recipe-so good!), bbq pork, chicken and biscuits...and anything else I can think of.  Any more ideas?

*I still get charley horse.  They hurt.  If I can eat enough calcium/potassium in me it seems to help.  They are annoying!

*I can not wait to have both of my babies in my arms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...