Thursday, February 16, 2012

Karson's Cookies

I came down with a cold last week.  
A nasty, crummy, keep me from sleeping, make me feel awful, cold.
Combine that with being 31 weeks pregnant with an {almost} 2 year old...
I was one exhausted Mama.  
Who did nothing more than lay on the couch...all day Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Karson was so good!
He slept in, took a 3-4 hour nap, and let me lay half asleep on the couch all day.  
...as long as I played 'choo-choos' with him & kept his sippy cup full, he was a happy kid!

By Friday I was starting to feel bad about not doing anything fun with him.
Especially since he had been so good!!
So after I laid him down for a nap, I took a few sticks of butter out of the fridge to get soft, and decided I would muster up the energy to make cookies with him when he woke up.
Karson loves to help me bake & cook!

After his 3 1/2 hour nap I asked him if he wanted to make cookies with him. 
He was so excited!
We went to the kitchen and started pulling out the ingredients from the cupboards.
...and then I realized I didn't have a white flour.
I only ever use wheat flour, but if I'm making sweets, like chocolate chip cookies, I like white flour. 
Or any chocolate chips.


I pulled out the wheat flour, found a bag of m&ms from the back of the cupboard, set Karson on the counter and decided these cookies were going to be about the process of making them...and not how they actually tasted.

After all it was supposed to be a fun activity for Karson.
Who was thrilled to have a bag of open m&ms with in his reach.


Every time I looked, he was sticking another m&m in his mouth!


And when I wasn't looking, an egg mysteriously landed on the kitchen floor....


 ...someone snuck a few more m&ms...


...and dumped an extra 1/4 cup of sugar into the bowl...


...and a few extra...tablespoons or so of vanilla.

Then he proudly stirred up his cookies.


He helped me put them on the pan, and signed 'cookie' over and over again until they were done.
And when they were done, we enjoyed our very sugar-y...very vanila-y Whole Wheat M&M cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...