We have 3 bedrooms in our new house. All of them down the same hallway. I told DJ last night, how much I absolutely LOVE walking down the hallway and seeing two kids rooms. It always catches me off guard. Soon I will have two babies!
This summer, right after we found out Karson was going to be a big brother, I got a magazine from Pottery Barn Kids. I fell in love with this bedding set. What I didn't love, was the price tag. Eek!! We went back and forth on what to do. We could just get the bumper and crib skirt, and it would still be less than buying a whole set, but still more than what I wanted to spend! So I set out to find a white bumper and crib skirt. Do you know how hard it is to find a plain white bumper?! They don't exist. Unless I want to pay $200 for one on Etsy, or buy the PBK one. A few months ago, my Mom and I were out shopping after one of my ultrasounds, and we found a cream bumper, extremely reasonably priced. I decided it would work, and we started searching for a crib skirt to match. They don't exist either. Then while we were walking though the extremely unorganized isles at Burlington Coat Factory, I found a WHITE bumper, that was identical to the one I had just bought...but it was WHITE...and $5 less!
Still need to go through the house and find some 'trinkets' for her shelves.
The next task was to find a crib skirt. They really don't exist, so my fabulous Mom agreed to make me one. Off to the fabric store we went, and we found the perfect white dotted swiss to use. It turned out absolutely perfect, and even better than the ones on Etsy for $200. Plus, Nana made it which makes it even more special!
it looks pink in the picture, it is white
Along with making Sister's crib skirt, my Mom made her a blanket. She found this tutorial on Pinterest, and it turned out perfect. Karson calls it Sister's "Nana 'B'" I can't wait to wrap her up in it at the hospital!!
I had planned on keeping Sister's room just shades of pink, white, and brown; but after I saw the blanket in there, I decided I wanted the pastel colors too. My Mom is also going to sew her name, to put above her crib, in pastel shades of pink, purple, and yellow.

The dance pictures in my room at my parent's house. DJ repainted the frames and mats to match the walls. I absolutely love them!! We have the picture of the tap shoes in our living room too. It is one of my absolute favorites! I have the stuff to make a sign to put above the pictures, that says:
"Twinkle Twinkle little star. Do you know how loved you are?"
Her crib...
This is Twist. She was my first doll when I was little.
I love that she is in my little girl's crib!
Now I just have to wait a little over 6 weeks for her to arrive. :)





Adorable! We're sooo close! :)
ReplyDelete