Monday, March 12, 2012
36 Weeks
I am officially in the 9th month of pregnancy. I very much feel like I am in the 9th month of pregnancy. :)
This morning I took Karson to Costco, and just felt off. On our way home I was talking to my Mom, and told her I just didn't feel right. I felt like someone had socked me in the stomach, and had noticed that Sister's was moving a lot less. She moved a little, and when she did it HURT! My Mom told me to call, and a few hours later DJ and I were headed in for a Non Stress Test, and my fabulous Mom was came home to stay with our Munchkin. My stomach already hurt, and then they strapped monitors onto me. Then, Sister was sleeping, so they put this vibrating thingy on me to get her moving. OUCH! She was less than thrilled about being woken up, and kicked like crazy the whole time we were there. OUCH! The good news-she passed the stress test. The doctor said she is perfectly healthy, and an over achiever. :) So good to hear! The bad news-the pain in my stomach is either from her being stuck in 1 spot for too long, or from her kicking me so hard she bruised me. So, so glad every this is ok, but I will definitely be spending lots of time on the couch until this bruise heals...or Sister arrives. OUCH!
My doctor was not in today, so I had to see the dr. on call. She was the last doctor I hadn't met in the practice. My doctor will deliver me if it is during office hours, otherwise I get the doctor from the practice that is on call. I absolutely LOVE my doctor, and every other doctor in the practice!
We are all ready for Sister to arrive. Her room is {almost} finished. Our hospital bag is packed and in the car. Karson's hospital/activity bag is packed and in the closet. Karson's schedule is all typed up sitting on our counter. Sister's car seat is in the car. Whenever I put Karson in the car, he tells me sister is going to go "night night" in her car seat. So cute!
Karson isn't so excited about being a Big Brother. Although, I'm not so sure it is that he isn't excited. I don't think he completely understands. When we ask him if he is going to have a baby sister, he yells "NO!" But he also yelled "no" at everyone that told him Happy Birthday, or whenever you ask him to say my parent's dog's name. He is 2. :) In Hobby Lobby over the weekend, I handed him a bag I had in my purse of sample paint we had for Sister's room to entertain him. He started yelling "Mama, baby! Mama, baby!" and then he started yelling his Sister's secret name over and over again. In the middle of Hobby Lobby. So maybe he gets it...a little? I don't know. :)
The weather here has been beautiful the last week. I tried to go for a short walk, and when I got home, my ankles had disappeared, and my feet were all swelled. I sat on the blanket in the driveway when we got home, and Karson kept telling me, "owie Mommy. owie."
I can't wait to have her here with us...and for this bruise to heal! :)
Labels:
Baby Sister
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad everything ended up being ok. I said a little prayer when Dj mentioned something didn't feel right. I hope the Bruise heals quickly. I can only imagine. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that you are having pain, the 9th month is rough. K is so sweet, what a doll! I hope that your bruise heals quickly and can't wait to find out what Sister's name is :)
ReplyDeleteOh ouch Kelly!! (hugs)
ReplyDelete