Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The "Peach"

It has been so warm in Michigan the last week.
The thermometer outside the my slider says it is 90 degrees right now.
Ninety degrees...in March...in Michigan.
The weather has been a great distraction from waiting on Baby Sister to arrive.
Although, I didn't exactly plan on being 9 months pregnant during summer weather.
Monday, when DJ got home from work, I told him we were heading to the beach.
Because it was 85 out...and I LOVE the beach.


We told Karson we were going to go play on the beach, he kept saying and signing peach.
He was so excited, even though I don't think he remembers the beach from last summer.


In theory, a Michigan beach on an 80 degree March day is a fabulous idea.
Except...it was only 70 at the beach.
It was super hazy because the water is still so cold, and the air was so warm.
The board walks hadn't been cleared of the sand from winter, and it was hard to walk.
The ice cream stores weren't open.
Worst of all...there weren't any open bathrooms.
except a port-a-jon which is not an option in my book.
I am 37 weeks pregnant....Karson is just barely 2 and newly potty trained.
There were no open bathrooms. 
It is a half hour drive to the beach from our house.
We quickly realized this would be a very short trip to the beach.


As soon as we sat down in the sand, Karson told us he had to go potty.
DJ and I just looked at each other...um..what do we do now?
Karson started crying and repeatedly telling us he had to go potty.
Our only option was to tell him to just go...
Thankfully, we had extra clothes, and a big enough blanket that we could just fold it over a little.


After we got that out of the way...we played and played in the sand.
Karson kept telling us over and over that we were at the peach.


It was absolutely beautiful!
 I love, love, love the beach!!



 thank you to the random lady that got a picture of the 3 of us
We only stayed for about a half hour.
Because I am 37 weeks pregnant and there weren't any bathrooms.

But a certain little boy had so much fun!!!


 We had to bribe him with ice cream to get him to leave the peach.
Except, we were planning on getting ice cream anyway. 
Because a trip to the beach should always include ice cream!


 He has been asking every day to go back to the peach.
I think he is a little confused. :)


I can't wait until our next trip to the beach...hopefully with 2 little ones! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...