Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Park

I am craving the beach, like I never have before.  Every time I read one of Kelle Hampton's posts, a little part of me wishes I lived in Florida! I want to play with Karson in the sand.  Listen to the waves.  Eat beach mix.  Talk with friends.  Lay in the sun.  Smell my sunscreened baby. Walk down the shore of Lake Michigan.

But, it is 40 degrees here.  It is cold and raining, and beach days won't start for a few more months.  Mark my word, the first 80 degree day, and my feet will land in the sand.  With my baby right next to me.  But for right now, we have to settle for making memories outside somewhere other than the beach.

The is a park not to far from our house {aka..my parent's house}.  I played there all the time when I was a kid.  It is a HUGE wooden boat.  Slides, tunnels, swings...typical playground stuff.  Karson is too young for most of it, but he had a blast!  At least he had a blast before he got too cold...since it was all of 45 degrees.
My little baby is not so little anymore.  He wants to play with the big kids.  He watched them playing tag with a very concerned look on his face.
 He loved the swings!  His belly giggle came out.  There is not much better than his belly giggle. You can't help but smile when you hear it. 
 His shy, reserved smile only last for about 2 seconds, before the huge Mom this is so much fun! smile came out. 
 He loved it.  But he made sure to remind me that he is a little boy, when he tried to jump out of it mid swing to get to me.
Auntie Leesha came to the park to play with us.  One of the many perks to living in town again!  Karson loved playing on the slide just as much as he loved the swings.
 See his 1 little tooth?  You can see it...no need to touch it!
The smile on his face, while he is sliding down sideways reminds me that we are in for it!  He has very little fear, and he is a Monkey!
 Please, can I go down the slide again????
 It may have not been the beach, but we still had fun.  And today, while it has been raining all day, I am thankful we took advantage of the sunshine yesterday.  

Looking forward to many more trips to the park!

...and to beach days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...