Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rakes, Pools, & Sunshine...

It was supposed to rain all weekend.  We were supposed to get horrible storms.  The weather man was wrong.  And I for one, am glad he was wrong.   Because, this weekend, the weather was beautiful.  We spent the entire weekend outside.  
Karson helped Nana rake the leaves in the back yard. 
By help, I mean, he threw them over the fence, into her garden.
 Saturday evening, the weather was so warm, we ditched the sweatshirts, and Mommy got out the water table.
 Karson loved it!  We all laughed, as he splashed water everywhere.
 The tongue....
Saturday night, my dad took the whole family out for ice cream.  Karson is teething, so he has been pretty cranky.  He was losing interest in being fed his ice cream, and was getting pretty fussy.  I sat him on my lap, put his ice cream in front of him, gave him his spoon, and let him feed him self.  He made a mess.  We were both covered in ice cream.  I am not sure if it will ever come out of the shirt he was wearing.  But it was priceless.  He was so proud of himself, and thought it was fun to try to steal Mommy's ice cream too.  He ate every bite, that didn't end up in our laps.  I could have cried in the ice cream shop.  How in the world, did my baby get big enough to feed himself ice cream?!

Sunday was amazing!  80 degrease.  We went to church, came home, went out side, and didn't come back in until bed time.  I bought this chair for Karson when we were in Traverse City last year.  He couldn't even sit in it unassisted.
Nana raked the back yard.  Karson helped by looking ridiculously cute!
80 degree weather means bare baby arms & legs, and tiny feet, in tiny crocks.  I'm not sure there is much cuter!

See those lips.  Those are the concentrating lips.  That red bucket had him puzzled.
 
So I broke 1 promise.  It was 80 degrease, and I wasn't at the beach.  But it was really windy, and I'm pretty sure Lake Michigan is still freezing cold!  That, and the state parks aren't even open yet.
My baby smelled like sunscreen, Mama some sun, and Daddy hung out in the shade.  
Anxiously awaiting our next warm day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...