Over the weekend, Alycia and I threw a "Personal Shower" for Katie.
in case you are confused: insert 'lingerie' in place of 'personal.'
We had so much fun planning, and crafting for this shower.
I am pretty conservative, so everything was very tasteful.
We found a zebra ribbon at Hobby Lobby, and knew we wanted to add hot pink, and the rest just fell into place.
Considering the fact that we are currently homeless, we decided the best place for the shower was at Alycia's house.
We used the same idea with the circle punch-outs as we did for Munchkin's Birthday.
Super easy & cheap, and so cute!
Alycia sewed them with hot pink thread.
Alycia found this frame at a thrift store, and spray painted it black. We used pink sheer ribbon across the center, and clipped some of Katie & Shawn's engagement pictures to them. Like I said, everything was very tasteful, but I have not gotten permission to display her pictures on my blog. Thus, they are blurred out.
The glass vases were left over from my wedding. We added some pink and black ribbon to them, and the gerbera daisies were left over from Leesh & Brian's wedding.
On the bigger vases, (also from my wedding) we wrapped black card stock around, and laced it with pink ribbon to look like a corset. We found the zebra & black gerbera daisies at Hobby Lobby, along with the pink feather. The little mason jars were from Karson's birthday.
I think we had 5 of the skinny vases, with the gerbera daisies, and 8 of the little mason jars.
We redecorated one of Alycia's shelves to add some shower decorations.
In the invitation, we asked that everyone wrap their gifts in pink, black, and white to go along with the theme. We had Bath and Body Works soaps as gifts for games. The zebra packages were the gifts Katie's won, by just being the bride.
The food table.
YUM! We served fruit, chips and salsa, turkey roll ups, veggies, and spinach and artichoke dip. Spinach dip is a staple whenever Leesh, Katie, and I get together. The three of us can polish off an entire batch in about 10 minutes.
And of course, chocolate covered strawberries were the perfect dessert to go along with the theme of the shower.
Plus they are pretty, and so YUMMY!
On the food table we also had one of Shawn and Katie's engagement pictures framed. We used a pink table cloth, and put black rose petles left over from Leesh & Brian's wedding around the frame. We also used one of the gerbera daisies vases, and a mason jar.
Alycia and I had so much fun throwing this shower for Katie! I can't wait for their wedding in June!!







No comments:
Post a Comment