Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Growing Up

My baby is growing up.  Much quicker than I would like, and I haven't figured out a way to stop it yet.  He is starting to talk, and is very opinionated about what he does and doesn't want.  He remembers everything, and learning to do 'big kid' things every day.


Nana and Grandpa got him this horse for his birthday.  He loves it, and rides it all day long.  It didn't take him long to figure it out last March, but there was a button that was really hard to push.  It whinnies and gallops when you push the button.  He tried and tried, for 6 months.  He would come to get me, grab my hand, and push my finger on the button when he got frustrated.  


 He can push the button now, and I hear a whinnying-galloping horse all day long.  My favorite part: he is so proud of himself.  Each time he pushes that button, he gets a huge grin on his face, and claps for himself.


*****
Not exactly a relevant picture, but I love those blue eyes.


*****


We took him to the park after dinner one day last week.  One of our elementary schools has a playground for their  Early Childhood program.  It is the perfect size for Karson.


But Daddy was with us.  So he wasn't real interested in the little slides.


 He wanted to play on the big kid toys.


Because after all, he is becoming a 'big boy' so quickly!


He had so much fun with Daddy.  Daddies are a lot more daring than Mommies are!

 
*****

 He fell asleep in the chair last week.  I watched him do the head bob, while his blinks became longer and longer.  He literally fell asleep sitting straight up.  I got him a pillow and tried to lean him over a little.  He was out.  Absolutely exhausted.  A reminder my little boy, who is growing up way too quickly, is still little.



 As much as I would like to say Moll is extremely protective of Karson, in all likelihood she just wanted me to move so she could lay on the couch.

He is little enough to not quite make it to lunch time.  Little enough to need his paci and blankies for comfort while he sleeps.  Little enough, that he can still remind his Mommy, that he is indeed, still little.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...